Is it possible for your pedals to damage your amp? 
Theoretically, yes. In practice, not really. I'm sure it's happened but it's exceptionally rare and you're not likely to do it by accident.

Super, mega high output boost pedals (beyond anything you're likely to find commercially) could fry the input stage of a solid state amp.

Octave down pedals at super high volumes into a loud amp could mess up speakers, but a lot of amps these days can handle that just fine. I wouldn't run a heavily boosted POG into a dimed Champ, but that's just going to sound bad anyway.

The most likely damage is from clueless folks hooking up a pedal between the head and cab.
Quote by Roc8995

The most likely damage is from clueless folks hooking up a pedal between the head and cab.

Note to self...
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Don't worry, you have to have a cab first. 
Quote by Roc8995

Note to self...
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

If you throw them harder enough, pedals can damage a lot of things.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by Roc8995

well played
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
The reason I'm asking is because when I first got my Marshall DSL40C the amp didn't hum.  Then after playing with it a few months it now does.  
It starts as soon as I switch the standby to on.  
A light hum, not too loud but definitely noticeable.  I've checked light switches in the room, florescent lamps, changed outlets, and the only thing I can think of is the Big Muff and POG I play in front of it may have caused the new hum it has.  
I went to Guitar Center where they have three Marshall DLS40C on the floor and none of them hum at all.  
Then a friend of mine brought over his new Fender Super Champ X2 and no hum at all.  It was brand new.  Then after playing with it a few hours it now has the light hum my Marshall has.  
Try this: Turn on amp with nothing plugged in. Does it hum? If no, Plug guitar directly into amp. 

Does it hum? If no, then the pedals cause the hum. By a Decimator and be happy. If yes, the guitar is causing the hum. Buy a decimator and be happy. 
Last edited by Jeffh40 at Apr 4, 2017,
If you're having a problem with a tube amp, check the tubes. No reason to suspect pedals here, at least not before suspecting several other items.

As mentioned above, there's a few simple diagnostics you can do (try tapping the tubes with a pencil with the amp on to test for microphonics, as well) to check for issues. There's no point fishing for strange interactions if you haven't checked for basic, common problems first. 
It's a tube problem. Get new tubes.
www.facebook.com/yourbadinfluence
Quote by Roc8995

Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
That hum could be anything from the amp to the guitar. Most amps I've played hum. Most of the time it's from the poor wiring in my house, or electronics that are on in the same room. Try changing where you stand. Certain spots in my house, if I turn 90 degrees my hum stops. If I face my tv while it's on, it gets louder. Any gain on the amp makes it louder. Single coil pickups make it louder. There are many variables, and those pedals won't break the amp, but can introduce hum.
Thanks for all the answers guys.  I definitely have some more investigating to do.  Need to learn more about Roc8995 tube test with a pencil.  
Thumbs up likes for everyone.  
Directed at me.

I have been shopping for a new amp for a long time- despite a bunch of pedals & guitars, I only had one amp, a Fender HRD Combo. Those who knew would did me about it.

Well this year, I got myself an amp for Christmas: an Orange TH30 head...but no cab.

It took me a while to settle on one, and when I did, I decided to buy it via lay away. Mocking the fact that I haven't picked it up yet is the last bit of the joke left to them.

And, just so we're clear, I think the joke is hilarious.

A well placed throw, with a bucket brigade pedal, will do considerable damage to some tubes/speaker cones.
Quote by SmithDerp1
A well placed throw, with a bucket brigade pedal, will do considerable damage to some tubes/speaker cones.

Someone already said that corny joke.  But thanks for trying.   
That would be awesome though. A pedal with a button that blows your amp to smithereens. What a way to finish the gig. Just hope its not a Sunn.
Dean MAB1. Epiphone Annihilation V. EVH 5150III 50. Orange PPC112. Earthquaker devices - The Warden, Arrows, Acapulco Gold, Levitation, Night Wire. EHX Big Muff Pi Tone Wicker. Polytune mini. e906. SM57. Focusrite. LINUX!
I'm always scared that I'm going to blow up my amp (or at least speakers) when I oscillate my Carbon Copy in the effects loop, but I have a feeling that the only real thing that's gonna happen is I'll get another noise complaint.
Gear
Highway One Tele (w/Custom Shop 51 Nocaster pickups)
Standard Tele (modded to Nashville specs)
Reverend Roundhouse

Orange Rockerverb 50 MKI
Vox AC4c1
Jet City JCA20H

And pedals!

"Shiva opens her arms now..
...to make sure I don't get too far"
Quote by Deermonic
That would be awesome though. A pedal with a button that blows your amp to smithereens. What a way to finish the gig. Just hope its not a Sunn.

Miiiiight not be so good for your health.

Wife was pissed I bought another amp. Picked up an old Peavey 3 button and threw it like a bullet. It bounced off of the concrete floor and broke 4 knobs off of one of my favorite amps. So YES...they can most definitely damage an amp.