Hi i am about to buy a blackstar ht5r head for a bargain. My problem is i dont have a cab yet and was wondering is it safe to use headphones without a cab connected? Im fairly sure to use headphones you keep the amp in stanby mode. Thanks
probably email blackstar to get an official answer- then if it goes wrong you (hopefully) have some comeback.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I don't think that would work. pretty sure that you would fry your OT. BUT you could shoot them an email to check.

all i can say is that i would not do it unless you are DAMN sure.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
They have varied their designs from head to head so I can't give you a definitive answer. I believe on the HT5R heads you leave it in standby and the preamp works with the headphone out, I think on those the headphone jack does not silence the speaker out as well. I used to have an older HT5 head without the reverb, on standby the headphone jack was dead and when running the amp if you used the HP jack it would kill the signal to speaker. I installed an easy mod to have switch bypass that and allow me to use the headphone jack with or without the external speaker producing sound (but still connected). You can try the headphones with standby mode and see what happens.
With the Blackstar series one you can leave it on standby and hear the pre-amp and the emulated 4x12 thru the headphones.  No harm done.  

I understand I did not help answer the question, i will kick myself in the junk.
'16 Gibson LP Standard T, '95 Fender MIM Strat
Helix Rack, Jetcity JCA50H w/ JCA24s+
Thanks for the replies. It says in the manual to use emulated out for recording and headphones to leave the amp in standy. So going by that im guessing it should be safe to use without a cab.