Jackson JS22-7
1 17%
Jackson JS32-7
1 17%
Other
1 17%
Voters: 6.
Hi, boys and girls, need your advise:
I've decided to please myself for a year of good work and to buy a first 7 string 🙂 I don't want to get a very expensive as I want also to go for a vacation after.
After reading and choosing I got stuck with this one's:
1. LTD H-207
2. LTD SC-207
3. Schecter Omen 7 Extreme
4. Jackson JS22-7

Which one is better to choose? To play alaround styles.
I also considered JS32-7, but I read that the difference between it and 22-7 is not so vast as price difference. Is it really so?
Or maybe I should go with SGR C-7 or Damien 7 (but I'm not sure about it's quality)?

P.s., do not propose Ibanez, as the one I like I don't want to spend so much and the one I can - I didn't like.
Agile is difficult to find in Ukraine and I don't want to get into delivery issues.

Thanks 🙂🤘
Last edited by Lucky__13 at Apr 6, 2017,
What's the price range here?
You should play them first. If you don't play sevens and buy your first one and it's just a little bit off you are going to hate it.
Jumping on dat gear sig train.
PRS Hollowbody II / BKP Warpigs
Strandberg OS6T / BKP Aftermath
Strandberg OS7 / Lace Poopsticks
Skervesen Raptor 7FF / BKP Warpigs
Skervesen Raptor 6 NTB / BKP Juggernauts
Hapas Sludge 7 FF / Hapas Leviathan
Anderson Baritom / Motorcity Nuke BKP Sinner Anderson H2+
Warmoth Baritone / BKP Piledriver
Ibanez Rg2120x / BKP Nailbomb

Blackstar ID:Core Beam
Of that list, either the Omen 7 or JS22-7. If the Damien 7 falls in your budget it's a step above the Omen. The JS32-7 is more or less the JS22-7 with more color options. Both JS 7-stringers have a 26.5" scale length, which helps with the low B.
The low end LTDs feel cheap to me, so I'd pass on those.
Guitar/Bass:
Schecter: Damien 6/Stilletto Extreme 5, Squier: Bullet HSS*, Washburn RX10*/WG-587, Agile Septor 727
*mods

Amps/FX
Peavey: Vypyr 30/Max 112 (200W), ISP: Decimator

Quote by dannyalcatraz
Understood- I waste money on amps*, too.

justinguitar.com is the answer
I generally recommend an Ibanez RG7321 as a first 7 string, especially if you are just testing the waters. They can be had for a great price. I bought one for $180 a couple years ago.
Gibson LP traditional and DC standard, SG standard, MIA Standard Strat, Schecter Banshee 7(*for sale*)
EVH 5153, Orange TV50H 2-2x12's
Line 6 M13
bjgrifter Thanks. Yes I've read about the lowest LTD range the same thing. BTW, didn't know that Damien is a step above the Omen. That's a very useful tip.
bobafettacheese Unfortunatelly, as I said, now I found only expensive ones. Basic models difficult to find in a pawn shops. Only a new ones, which goes the same price level, as the used Schecters's or Jackson's.
try a seven before buying one.

I bought my first one blind and hated the fucking thing. so I sold it.

You might like one though. a lot of people do.

Have you thought of a baritone?
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
trashedlostfdup

I'm still trying to get used to mine . I've had it for a few months and have thought of selling it a few times or trading it . It took a while to get used to the wider neck and position of the strings. But what I don't like is the longer scale length and gigantic frets
Quote by jedigovnaUG
trashedlostfdup

I'm still trying to get used to mine . I've had it for a few months and have thought of selling it a few times or trading it . It took a while to get used to the  wider neck and position of the strings. But what I don't like is the longer scale length and gigantic frets

It depends on how good your technique was in the first place.  It's pretty surprising, but I've noticed that little 5'4" girls adapt to 7, 8 and 9-string guitars better and more easily than a lot of guys, in part because they've never been able to play the guitar with bad technique. They don't gorilla grip the strings down to the fretboard anyway, so big frets don't bother them in the least. The scale length has always been a little long for them so they're used to doing some reaching and they really like the upper frets for leads and arpeggios. They really haven't been able to hang their thumbs over the top of the neck anyway, and they've pretty much always kept it on the back of the neck, so they're just as comfortable with more strings. 

In the long run, you'll suddenly find that things have clicked, almost overnight. But the truth is you've finally locked in some neural pathways that work like muscle memory; you've just learned to ride the new bicycle and you'll never unlearn it. 
Grab one of the Harley Benton seven strings they are super cheap
Jumping on dat gear sig train.
PRS Hollowbody II / BKP Warpigs
Strandberg OS6T / BKP Aftermath
Strandberg OS7 / Lace Poopsticks
Skervesen Raptor 7FF / BKP Warpigs
Skervesen Raptor 6 NTB / BKP Juggernauts
Hapas Sludge 7 FF / Hapas Leviathan
Anderson Baritom / Motorcity Nuke BKP Sinner Anderson H2+
Warmoth Baritone / BKP Piledriver
Ibanez Rg2120x / BKP Nailbomb

Blackstar ID:Core Beam