Hi folks

straight to the point.. I want a shredding guitar for heavy metal to be tunes in Eb. I want 24 frets and floyd rose...

Two very close guitars are offered to me with almost same price

1. LTD MH327
- Mahogany body
- 27 frets
- Neck-thru construction
- Seymour Duncan pickups 
- Made in China 

I like the neck-thru construction and the pickups on this one.. but I am concerned about "Made in China"

2. Schecter Omen Extreme FR
- Mahogany body
- 24 frets
- Bolt-on neck
- Dimarzio pickups (super distortion/ Deactivator X)
- Made in Indonesia

I have no experience with Schecter guitars but I prefer the finish on this one.. hates the inlays !

Suggestions & thoughts please
'12 Gibson '58 Re-issue
'14 Fender American Special Stratocaster
'14 Squier Classic Vibe 50's Telecaster
'05 Ibanez RG320FM (With Upgrades)
Laney IRT Studio (IRT112 Cab)
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
BOSS GT-8
look into some older MIJ jacksons.

or an ibanez prestige (my personal favorite (its no secret haha).
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by trashedlostfdup

As usual... you always freak my ideas

So.. obviously you are not recommending any of these two... OK mate !
'12 Gibson '58 Re-issue
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
BOSS GT-8
Either of those are solid in their price range as far as I'm aware, though as always going used can increase your options. If it were me I'd go for the LTD just for the uniqueness factor of those 27 frets, but that's purely personal.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
The owner of the MH327 was nice enough to give me the guitar for a couple of days to try it. Spent some time with it yesterday and i was not impressed really

The neck pickup sounded bad and the overall feel of the guitar wasnt that good. It didnt have any quality issues by the way.. just didnt feel good.

I should try another H 1001 fr in the coming few days.. it is made in Korea and should be a step above overall. My issue with it is that too much abalone all over the guitar.. but this wont stop me from buying it if it felt right !
'12 Gibson '58 Re-issue
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
BOSS GT-8
The owner of the MH327 was nice enough to give me the guitar for a couple of days to try it. Spent some time with it yesterday and i was not impressed really

The neck pickup sounded bad and the overall feel of the guitar wasnt that good. It didnt have any quality issues by the way.. just didnt feel good.

I should try another H 1001 fr in the coming few days.. it is made in Korea and should be a step above overall. My issue with it is that too much abalone all over the guitar.. but this wont stop me from buying it if it felt right !
'12 Gibson '58 Re-issue
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
BOSS GT-8
Don't limit yourself.  Learn some patience and save for a better guitar.  You will be much happier, and thank yourself for it, and will feel more pride in it.
Quote by trashedlostfdup

Plus one for the Prestige or MIJ Jacksons (I have 7 of them) nothing screams metal like a 24 fret superstrat with hot pickups and a Floyd.
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

Quote by Evilnine
..... nothing screams metal like a 24 fret superstrat with hot pickups and a Floyd.

Apparently you Good Sir, have not met my wife ......
Quote by Xander_X

I'll give you that one I too have a wife!
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

Played Chinese LTD recently and returned it. I actually have bought some cheapos that are a lot better than this $500 guitar.

Look for Korean-made at least if you can, for the most part I don't really like much that comes out of the Indonesia and Chinese factories of most brands. Only good surprise in quality so far has been Sterling, so maybe look at their line?
Quote by mockbel
Suggestions & thoughts please

Since you asked:

1. Test, test, test, and test. And when you're done, test some more. You're talking about guitars that have a reputation for some degree of variance between instruments. 

2. Wear a blindfold when testing. Or just close your eyes. You're talking about a musical instrument. I can understand wanting it to look good when you pose on stage in your best heavy metal icon pose, but remember that when posing, the person doing the posing is a poser. You don't have to look at the inlays, the audience does. And I guarantee you, there's not a metal fan in the world who would ever say, "That band would have been great, but the guitarist's inlays sucked." 

3. Ignore any advice to avoid one country of manufacture over another. No matter what the advice is, it's probably wrong. And, it's also probably right. Guitars are made in FACTORIES. Factories are located in countries. Every Asian country that has guitar factories has MULTIPLE FACTORIES. Some are better than others in every country. And, the level of quality of anything made in any country is at least as dependent on the specs of the company ordering the guitars as anything else. In almost every Asian factory, they'll make exactly what you ask for, at as high or as low a level of quality as you are willing to pay for.

4. Re-read the advice in #1. If the music store you're shopping in has multiple copies of any model of guitar, test 'em all. You'll discover that "identical" guitars aren't. 

5. When you test, don't just plug it into an amp cranked to 11 and play "Smoke on the Water", or some other riff. Before you even look at an amp, pick every string on every fret all up and down the neck UNPLUGGED. Listen for buzzing and other indications that the setup isn't right. If the neck and setup are right, you'll be able to tell with the guitar unplugged. If it passes inspection unplugged, then, and only then, plug it in to test the pickups. 

6. When testing through an amp, set all EQ to noon, with just a little reverb. You want to test what the GUITAR sounds like, not what the amp sounds like. 
How desperate are you for a Floyd?
The reason I ask is because the Omen is a lower-end model from Schecter, and unless I'm missing something, the FR is a Special, which cuts corners. I like Schecter and all, but I wouldn't go with an FR on something outside of a Hellraiser or Blackjack simply because they usually use the Special.
Guitar/Bass:
Schecter: Damien 6/Stilletto Extreme 5, Squier: Bullet HSS*, Washburn RX10*/WG-587, Agile Septor 727
*mods

Amps/FX
Peavey: Vypyr 30/Max 112 (200W), ISP: Decimator

Quote by dannyalcatraz
Understood- I waste money on amps*, too.

justinguitar.com is the answer

Quote by Evilnine                           ..... nothing screams metal like a 24 fret superstrat with hot pickups and a Floyd.    

I don't even know what to say...