I was changing my strings and rather than taking them off one by one, I took them all off. I have an Epiphone Les Paul Special I so the bridge is a tune-o-matic. After I put all my new strings on, they won't ring out so I have to keep tightening it and by the time they ring out, they're tuned way too high. Anyone got a solution for this? They are D'Addarío 9 to 42 nickel wound. Before i was using Ernie Ball 9 to 42.
Last edited by BlubberGeetar at Apr 6, 2017,
the bridge height may have changed as the bridge doesn't lock.

raise the bridge a bit, and try again. 
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by BlubberGeetar
I was changing my strings and rather than taking them off one by one, I took them all off. 

OHMIGAWD OHMIGAWD OHMIGAWD OHMIGAWD OHMIGAWD OHMIGAWD OHMIGAWD 
OHMIGAWD OHMIGAWD OHMIGAWD OHMIGAWD OHMIGAWD OHMIGAWD OHMIGAWD 
OHMIGAWD OHMIGAWD OHMIGAWD OHMIGAWD OHMIGAWD OHMIGAWD OHMIGAWD !!!!!!!

Oh geez, I do that every time I change strings. I rarely change strings one at a time. 

No biggie. 

Two possibilities: you may have changed the height of the bridge and/or the strings that were on it were so old the new ones allowed the neck to bow backwards a bit. Neither a big issue. 

Try raising the bridge a little at a time and then tune it to accurate pitch. At some point you'll probably discover that you're not hitting the frets any more and your bridge has returned to its original height. 
My mama always told me one string at a time. That way this doesnt happen! She also taught me how to stretch the strings so they stay it tune. But really dont take all your strings off...just tune the new ones off the old ones. Stretch them out give the guitar a couple hours to re acclimate itself.
Quote by geo-rage
My mama always told me one string at a time. That way this doesnt happen! She also taught me how to stretch the strings so they stay it tune. But really dont take all your strings off...just tune the new ones off the old ones. Stretch them out give the guitar a couple hours to re acclimate itself.

With no disrespect intended, changing strings one at a time is mostly for beginners. I've yet to see a good tech do it that way. If you think your bridge is going to move (or fall off) or that you're going to accidentally move the carefully adjusted positioning wheels, use some blue painter tape to hold everything in place until you're done. You'll also get to a point where you know what kind of tension is pretty close to "in tune" with each string; that just comes with doing it a lot. 

Good advice from geo-rage on stretching your strings and allowing them to acclimate. They're just not going to stay in tune for a while after you put them on. And if you have the guitar sitting on a stand near a window, it's going to be sharp or flat next time you pick it up based on the temperature since the last time you handled it. 
Quote by geo-rage

"yo momma is wrong"

waterboy reference. couldn't resist.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
By Ringing out it could be just your choice of strings,  if your EB's were steel or chromium alloys then switching to a nickel wound you might notice a difference in brightness,  But its highly doubtful removing all the strings at once is the culprit here,  as that's the way most people change strings. So other than fiddling with something or incorrectly installing said strings I can see no reason anything would have changed except the strings,