If someone could analyse/critique this video I would be very appreciative.

When I watch accomplished players play the same things I do I tend to notice that they stay still/look calm a lot more than I do when I record myself. For example, comparing his performance here to a version of Noel playing it acoustically when they show the shots of his face up close it looks like he's just sitting in a chair relaxing, whereas I constantly move around (I'm feeling the music when I do it).

Also, I feel I really have to project to get my voice clearly over the guitar sound.

What do you guys think? also, I'm open to any critiques of any kind related to my guitar playing. I'm an ex electric player.

Thanks
Bump - if noone is willing to offer analysis is there at least another site someone can direct me to where I can have my playing reviewed?
First of all you have a pretty good singing voice, so kudos to that.

Your movement/emoting during your playing is a non issue. It doesn't matter what Noel did, it's you playing here and you should feel the music however you feel it best. If you wanna move, move. I do the typical head lean/bob when I'm really feeling a song I'm playing, and Pierre Bensusan puts his head super close to the guitar and faces in the opposite direction. It's your expression of art, do it how you like.

The strumming intensity seems fine, but it's honestly hard to tell because of the recording quality. Because of the quality of the recording, and maybe even the guitar itself, it's hard to hear a nuanced strumming or technique in your playing. Not much to go off of, basically, but it sounds fine.

A better mic setup and recording setup would ease the mix, and you wouldn't have to feel like you're trying so hard to sing over the instrument.
My God, it's full of stars!
Dreadnought

Thanks for your reply!

OK great, yeah recording with a mobile isn't the best so I guess it's hard to tell. I feel like I'm strumming too hard so I should probably follow my instinct, but I'll try to invest in a proper setup and see if that makes it easier to hear.

Possibly I'm just overthinking things.
Quote by Dreadnought
The strumming intensity seems fine, but it's honestly hard to tell because of the recording quality. Because of the quality of the recording, and maybe even the guitar itself, it's hard to hear a nuanced strumming or technique in your playing. Not much to go off of, basically, but it sounds fine.

Dreadnought pretty much nails it. I couldn't detect any serious issues with the performance itself. Any issues are with the recording. 

Remember is that in almost all music videos, the audio is recorded first in a recording studio, and then the video is shot with lip syncing. The skill of the video production team lies in making the lip syncing not look obvious. I once spent three days on a movie set as part of the audience for a major musical production number in a movie. It starred Queen Latifah and Dolly Parton, among others. Every performer was pantomiming to a pre-recorded audio track, including the musicians. Even with three cameras running constantly, it took three long days to shoot a 15 minute segment. So, don't beat yourself up over technical issues in a home "selfie" video. 

As far as your playing goes, when doing a "troubadour" song, I'm a big fan of simple, rhythmic strumming, which is what you did. Your voice sounds good, but it did sound a little like you were straining for the high notes. I don't know why everyone wants to be a tenor, even if God gave them a nice baritone voice. You might want to try putting the capo on the third fret instead of the fifth. Another thing you might want to consider is instead of using the chords from the Ultimate Guitar chord tab and a capo, you might want to consider using the key change feature instead of the capo. I don't know if that would make it better or not. But, it's something worth giving a try. I find that when I change the key instead of using a capo, it forces me to come up with different riffs and fills, and helps me to make the song more of an "uncover" than a cover. 
AdamBa17  I think a person with a strong singing voice would subconsciously try to bring the guitar volume up to match. The only real way to do that, is to strum harder.

You're only strumming a guitar "too hard', if you're bottoming out the top by over driving it, or, the guitar strings are being pulled too far out of tune. Some bluegrass players Intentionally put heavy strings on their instruments, and raise the actions so they can strum hard as hell.

It's a question of style. Some types of songs, such as those with intense, intricate rhythms, require heavy strumming/. "Pinball Wizard" is a prime example. Try playing that softly. Won't work.

You could try medium, (or lighter picks). That would give you less output, better speed, and some help if you're prone to dropping picks.

As far as capoing that big dread on the 5th fret, it does sort of defeat the purpose of a big body guitar, which is to give you tons of bass. With a capo on the 5th, the lowest note on the guitar is now A3,  the same as the open 5th string. Playing with an amp and using a capo, I use a slight bit of one octave lower boost with an octave synthesizer pedal, which restores the lost bass and then some.

Oddly, the style of music which requires the lightest touch on the guitar, is heavy metal. How's that for irony?

With our acoustics, the only way to get dynamics is by strumming softer and harder, as the particular piece demands.

Pete Townshend claimed he liked the Gibson J-200, "because it has a stiff top". Because as he perceived it, the harder you bang on them, the better they sound.
Focus on your sound and forget the rest. There is good advice posted and some lends itself to techniques so basically for now you get in whatever position you please and move however you want as long as it doesn't hinder good technique or otherwise the sound you are after. Listen to the advice on the key you sing in and keep in mind some of these guys are belting it out several nights in a  row. If you are straining a little then condition your voice right and your fine. But if it's more than a little, and it probably is if it so much as crossed your mind, then drop down a little now and it's a non issue. I personally don't like straight line strumming but if it works for the song so be it. Some people seem to play such steady consistent strumming like a robot with stiff arms and wrists and a mechanical repeating stroke...and sounded great. Others will flail arms and wrists like a piece of rope...and sound great. The point is we do whatever works to get the sound we want and nobody knows what that sound is but you. If you think you are strumming too loud then you are so change it.  I like your voice and you obviously take your music serious enough to look for ways to improve and that's good to see. Just remember we don't know that exact sound you are after but know how to do things that will change it. Good luck.