Hello all,

I kindly ask for your opinion on the matter. I'm concentrating mostly on new guitars, so excluding used (where a million factors would influence price..).

Thanks a lot to all for your opinion in advance!

PS: I thought of making this question more general but my reason for asking is that I'm trying to up my guitar from an Ibanez gsa60 -- my thoughts go primarily to the RG series (excluding the primarily-metal guitars like the iron label) I guess.
kuma79 where are you located?
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by BeefDrapes
What ever the current model for the s570 is dec3nt and you can find them cheap uaed.

he does not want used. if he were to buy used, a prestige would blow it out of the water.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Hi all and thanks for your replies! I'm from the old continent.. Italy.
I do not particularly enjoy hunting for used so I prefer to shop for new hustle-free. Of course, if I were to find a used prestige in mint conditions at my local dealer I wouldn't turn it down  
I guess the evolution of the s570 is the s520? They look similar in spec: http://www.ibanez.com/products/eg_detail17.php?year=2017&area_id=3&cat_id=1&series_id=4&data_id=233&color=CL01

Thanks again for the pointers and keep 'em coming! 
I've got an S520 - love it for the price I paid. The Edge III has been great (once I had figured it all out) and it stays in tune unbelievably well (and I am a bit abusive to it and my strings). Super light weight which you may or may not like. Still haven't decided on the pickups yet but there isn't really anything wrong with them I can pin in particularly - bass response is just a bit high for my liking, but I haven't finished setting up and tweaking it out so I'm not a fair judge. Neck is nice and fast but I do FastFret it quite a lot - strings rust up quickly in this part of the world, a matter of days if I'm not careful wiping down afterwards (jokes, anyone?).

Can't find much info on the S520 online and doesn't seem many are owned?! Not really sure. I am a fan of the BBS finish on it though (not particularly critical).

Overall I think it is good bang for the buck - but I'm not the most knowledgeable around these parts.  
keep in mind that the S-series feels very different than the RG. I personally don't jive with the S-series like i do with an RG.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
When you're shopping in the $600 / €560 range, the quality in brand new guitars will vary from instrument to instrument, so you should still test play any instrument before you buy it. Which means that new or used, you still have to test the individual instrument you want to buy.  
Indeed i'm also still debating RG vs S. my Gio definitely feels more like an S and I must admit I'd prefer an RG (also for the shape -- both for ergonomics and look&feel). I'll be touring local dealers soon, thanks for the tips!
trashedlostfdup

I couldn't get into the S seriess Ibby's either I had one for about a month on loan from a friend to see if I wanted to by it because I was wanting to own an Ibanez, it just didn't feel right to me I declined to purchase it and bought a Ibanez Xiphos XPT700BCM from him instead the small body on the S was weird IMO.
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge