I have a Boss ME-80 effects unit and an Acoustic amp.  I know it all depends on equipment but how do you get a good Pop Punk/Alternative Rock tone? Think of bands like All Time Low, Paramore, Weezer, Taking Back Sunday, A Day To Remember, Green Day, Sleeping With Sirens, that kind of tone.  I've experimented with different things but I'd like some advice.  I have a wide range of effects such as Metal DS (Distortion) Turbo DS, I have a Big Muff fuzz, Overdrive, Turbo Overdrive, and just plain Distortion.  Some tone advice would be much appreciated.  
Using an ME-80 into an Acoustic amp is surely not the way. Typically pop/punk outfits will used cranked Marshall or Orange tube amps (or an occasional VOX), with a Tubescreamer pedal to boost the amp into heavy saturation. Guitars typically will have a humbucker in the bridge position which is used most of the time for rhythms and leads.
Start by giving us a budget, whether you want new or used, whether you're willing/able to buy online, and where in the worl (country) you are. That info will help us help you!

Then go here:
http://equipboard.com

Sites like Equipboard let people know what their idols use to achieve their tone- minus the studio wizardry, of course. From there, you can find what of that gear you can afford, or if you need to find a less expensive alternative. Note: less expensive doesn't mean lower quality. Some newer versions of older gear are actually better than the originals.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Will Lane My ME-80 has a Tubescreamer pedal sound on it and it can model a Marshall amp.  Would an amp model be sufficient or would I need an actual Marshall amp?
Quote by Paramore111
Will Lane My ME-80 has a Tubescreamer pedal sound on it and it can model a Marshall amp.  Would an amp model be sufficient or would I need an actual Marshall amp?
That will work for home use, possibly professional use if you know what you're doing. I think BOSS has a library of tones you can download into your unit, check it out.

By "acoustic amp" I presume you mean an amp made for acoustic guitars. That is your key weakness, the ME-80 is meant to be listened through FRFR (flat response, full range) speakers/power amps that do not color the sound at all. Your basic studio headphones or PA system will work for that endeavor. On the cheap, Apple Earpods work okay to listen through because many people already have them and they sound reasonable (although by no means proper FRFR).
Last edited by Will Lane at Apr 9, 2017,
I think he is referring to the 'Acoustic' brand that makes shitty cheap amps.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
That's was my thought.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Quote by Paramore111
Will Lane I was meaning the brand Acoustic.  Would an amp model work on that?
If this is true,
Quote by trashedlostfdup
I think he is referring to the 'Acoustic' brand that makes shitty cheap amps.
No. Just use headphones.
Quote by dannyalcatraz
Start by giving us a budget, whether you want new or used, whether you're willing/able to buy online, and where in the worl (country) you are.  That info will help us help you!

Then go here:
http://equipboard.com

Sites like Equipboard let people know what their idols use to achieve their tone- minus the studio wizardry, of course.  From there, you can find what of that gear you can afford, or if you need to find a less expensive alternative.  Note: less expensive doesn't mean lower quality.  Some newer versions of older gear are actually better than the originals.

This, and Premier Guitar Rig Rundown videos, etc. Googling "[band name] guitar rig" should help too.

But the bands you named have differing guitar sounds- Weezer tone is not the same as ADTR tone. A Marshall JCM-800, 900 or 2000 tone is probably a good place to start though.