Hey guys this is my first post here. I don’t usually post on forums but I need some help.
So I recently bought a squier affinity strat and I really like it but I’lm thinking of changing the pickups. I’m considering lace sensors because I like how they sound and wanted an idea of how a burgundy/emerald/gold combo would sound. burgundy bridge, emerald middle, and gold neck. If any of you have tried this can you please let me know what sort of sound i’d get? 
I’m still an intermediate and the music I want to play is a mix of country, psychedelic pop, folk, symphonic rock, and fusion/prog.
If the pickup combo I mentioned before isn’t appropriate for these genres then I'd love some suggestions/recommendations. I like the sound of the seymour duncan antiquity ii surfer strat set. Would those work well with what i want to play? 

BTW if you're gonna suggest to save up for another guitar, i'd rather not. i'm primarily an acoustic player and one electric guitar is enough for me. i'm just looking for a change in sound  
Have you contacted Lace? Most pickup makers are pretty good about matching their stuff to a sought-after tone.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
It may take them a little time, but as long as you're clear about what you want, they'll get you as close as possible.

I say that because sometimes, what we think will be solved (or at least improved) by a change of pickups is actually an issue with our amp. What are you playing through currently?
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

I have a fender 10G frontman that came with the guitar in a pack but I eventually want to buy myself a vox ac15. I'm content with my sound but would like a change sometime in the future. not the near future though, I'm broke. Besides I still need to think about how to describe the sound i want  before contacting anyone for custom pickups. 
Well, contacting Lace costs you nothing. So once you find your ideal way of describing what you want to do, go for it.

But before you spend a dime on the pickups, save your cash until you can upgrade your amp. It will make a MUCH bigger change in your sound than any pickup swap. Might not even need to do the swap.

you probably aren't even getting enough of a solid base-tone with that amp to tell you what you want to see improved by new pickups.

enjoy it now as it is until you get a new amp. once you get the amp, you will have an easier idea of what you want improved upon from your pickups that you will be getting.

on a side note, i love lace sensors.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by salpi.r.kertechian
I have a fender 10G frontman that came with the guitar in a pack but I eventually want to buy myself a vox ac15. I'm content with my sound but would like a change sometime in the future. not the near future though, I'm broke. Besides I still need to think about how to describe the sound i want  before contacting anyone for custom pickups. 
Welcome to the forums. As others have said, amp first. Once you get the amp you may find you do not need a pup swap. The AC15 will do the genres you listed, with maybe some help from a distortion pedal for the heavier genres.

For now, I would see if you can get your guitar properly setup by a luthier/guitar tech. Those tiers of guitars are notorious for having bad setups, and getting it setup will make it play professionally and it will ultimately make you sound better because it is easier to play.
Some generic, "one-size-fits-all" advice. There are 47 different things that can affect the sound of a guitar, give or take a few. If you don't like the sound coming from your guitar, I suggest listing all the different factors from least expensive/easiest to do down to most expensive/hardest to do. Then, start with the cheap/easy changes first. Work your way down the list until you get to the most expensive/difficult thing. Chances are you'll find the answer near the top of the list. 

However, if you enjoy playing with soldering irons and spending money, then by all means, have fun swapping out pickups. If you find difficult and/or expensive things to be a fun way to spend your time, then having fun supersedes all other considerations. 
I agree with the above - amp is much more important - pickup changes are a luxury and should be the last thing you do. I'm not saying don't change them, but focus your money on a decent amp first. 
I'm gonna take your guys' advice and focus on the amp. I don't think I want the AC15 anymore though, it's way out of a budget that I feel comfortable spending especially considering I barely ever play my electric guitar. I'm going to look for a decent sub $200 15 or 20 watt amp.
Quote by salpi.r.kertechian
I'm gonna take your guys' advice and focus on the amp. I don't think I want the AC15 anymore though, it's way out of a budget that I feel comfortable spending especially considering I barely ever play my electric guitar. I'm going to look for a decent sub $200 15 or 20 watt amp.

not the direction to go in.  sub $200 amp will leave you not much better of than you are now.  if you really don't play much then i guess something like a Fender Mustang or a Peavey VIP series amp would work for you. 
I think maybe I should just stick with the amp my guitar came with until I've made a solid decision about what it is I want. Most likely will be either a Vox or Fender. and shortly after saying I was gonna look for a sub $200 amp, I looked around online and found nothing of interest so I'm going to disregard my budget and just save for a really good 15-20 watt amp. If I take my strat to guitar center would they let me test out their amps? I don't want to buy an amp before testing it out first. 
I just came across the Vox valvetronix vt20x modelling amp and it's in my original budget. Idk how I missed it before. I'm gonna look more into it and try it out at guitar center to see if it's something I want. 
salpi.r.kertechian
Most guitar stores will be happy to let you try out amps with your own axe.

I recently bought a FENDER AFFINITY STRATOCASTER HSS...I also bought 2 extra humbuckers..(neck and bridge)...so can I have 5 pickups in my guitar? If yes, then can it be HSHSH or any other configuration... Pls help...
flag[delete]
soumyaa16

Instead of piggybacking on this thread, please start your own. Look for the "Create Thread" button near the top left of this forum.

I am new...so I don't know these new tabs and all...can u just pls answer my question and then I will have no other questions and no problems for u all...
I want ur advices....pls help me on this matter...pls sir
soumyaa16

I don't know how you found this thread, but it is located in the "Guitar Gear & Accessories" forum:
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=33

Even better would be the one for "Gear Building & Customizing":
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=53

Follow either link; look at the top left for the button.

Quote by soumyaa16
I am new...so I don't know these new tabs and all...can u just pls answer my question and then I will have no other questions and no problems for u all...
I want ur advices....pls help me on this matter...pls sir

you'll need to take the scratchplate off to check if the guitar is routed for a humbucker at the neck position. if it is, you'd need to buy an HSH pickguard.

you won't really have 5 pickups if you go HSH... however, you can wire it up to split the humbuckers, which will (sort of) give you single coil style tones out of the humbuckers. Look up "HSH wiring" diagrams on the seymour duncan or dimarzio website (bear in mind the colours of the wires on your pickups might not be the same, you need to know the colour coding). You also might have to buy a fancier switch (superswitch?) to allow for coil splitting.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I don't see why you couldn't wire it like that, but usually most people don't.

Usually in an HSH set, the wiring is a bit like a strat with a 5-position switch:

bridge pickup alone
bridge + middle pickups together (usually with the bridge pickup split, to sound more stratty)
middle pickup alone
neck and middle pickups together (usually with the neck pickup split to sound more stratty)
neck pickup alone

Very few guitars have more than 3 pickups- they kind of get in the way of picking.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?