I'm trying to get as close as possible to a Jake E Lee/ Ratt tone to do some covers my rig at the moment is a Jackson DK2 MIJ and a Peavy Vypyr VIP 1. I can't seem to nail it for some reason and desperately need help. What would you guys use for amp model? Eq?
For an amp that doesn't even have a 12" speaker in it, you need to manage your expectations.

The Vypyr is a good modelling amp for what it is, and is undoubtedly the best amp out of all the budget modellers for that sort of tone, but it still isn't exactly a great amp.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
I've been getting I guess "somewhat close using the Butcher and 5150 amps" EQ for them is just killing me or it could be the amp model heck idk lol
Try the Brit and Butcher models. Scoop out the Mids a bit. Maybe a tubescreamer effect with the volume up and gain all the way down.
Guitars:
Ibanez RG1570 Prestige
Jackson Kelly KE3 - MIJ (Distortion/Jazz)
Jackson DKMGT Dinky (EMG 81/85)
ESP E-II Eclipse Custom (JB/'59)
ESP LTD EC-1001FR (EMG 81/60)
Fender MIM Strat

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster 212
Laney IronHeart IRT-Studio
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver Amp Sims
TOOOO many T.C. Electronic Pedals. . .
I'd also keep gain fairly low, given that you have the smaller VIP, try more bass and less treble, just because the little ones cab be harsh.
I'm just a kickin' and a gougin' in the mud and the blood and the beer.
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
For an amp that doesn't even have a 12" speaker in it, you need to manage your expectations.

The Vypyr is a good modelling amp for what it is, and is undoubtedly the best amp out of all the budget modellers for that sort of tone, but it still isn't exactly a great amp.

this in a nut shell. you have a low end modeler and while it will be fine for basic practice isn't meant to "nail" tones like that. try the JCM 800 amp model stick an overdrive in front (the built in one) and add a little delay. that's about as good as it gets.