Page 1 of 3
We are all familiar with marketing and the atrocities it creates (Pepsi commercial) and the music equipment biz is no different.
For example people buying Klon overdrives for $1200's when a Tumnus is probably just as good at $175 (still overpriced IMO)
But this celebration of "vintage" has one aspect that really bugs me, grinds my gears, and that is the "road worn" guitar.
What sort of buffoon buys this crap?

Not a marketing or necessarily even quality thing but the whole "Stevie used a Dumble amp, I MUST USE A DUMBLE" mentality is kind of annoying.

Same with Sunn O))) and Model T amps. Good amps, sure. But there's a reason Boris are willing to use Orange amps, for example.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
pineapple on pizza
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

Quote by 33db
We are all familiar with marketing and the atrocities it creates (Pepsi commercial) and the music equipment biz is no different.
For example people buying Klon overdrives for $1200's when a Tumnus is probably just as good at $175 (still overpriced IMO)
But this celebration of "vintage" has one aspect that really bugs me, grinds my gears, and that is the "road worn" guitar.
What sort of buffoon buys this crap?

The kind of baffon that likes the aesthetics of it.

You can argue that its stupid and you should wear it down yourself but not everybody gigs all the time and not everybody treats their guitars as ash trays and door holders to get that kind of wear anyway.

FWIW Im not a fan of it, but I understand why they do it.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
The kind of baffon that likes the aesthetics of it.

You can argue that its stupid and you should wear it down yourself but not everybody gigs all the time and not everybody treats their guitars as ash trays and door holders to get that kind of wear anyway.

FWIW Im not a fan of it, but I understand why they do it.

It's posing, it's like someone getting reverse plastic surgery to look "road worn" as Keef Richards.
They should be guillotined.
what sort of buffoon likes a thing I don't like
WHAT A
HORRIBLE
NIGHT TO
HAVE A
CURSE.
Quote by 33db
It's posing, it's like someone getting reverse plastic surgery to look "road worn" as Keef Richards.

Arent you old?

Posing stops mattering out of high school in case you didnt get the memo. People like what they like and if that bugs you I think it says more about you than them tbh.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Arent you old?

Posing stops mattering out of high school in case you didnt get the memo. People like what they like and if that bugs you I think it says more about you than them tbh.

Quote by ElMaco
what sort of buffoon likes a thing I don't like

I know right?
Quote by 33db

Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by 33db
H4T3BR33D3R
Honestly, I feel like that sometimes.

Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
people who use 2001 A Space Odyssey references as their avatars

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Xiaoxi
oh that's what it's from

it kept reminding me of the video for No Surprises
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Quote by Xiaoxi

You mad bro?
Quote by 33db

What a fucking hipster-ass proponent of the death penalty.
Quote by slapsymcdougal
What a fucking hipster-ass proponent of the death penalty.

*Laugh* High quality knotty pine frame by IKEA, with custom hand wound rope attached by cold forged steel eye to a carbon 440 steel French angle cut blade.
Quote by 33db
You mad bro?
yea, because ideally someone with your avatar should make interesting, intelligent, and thoughtful posts...but you don't do any of that shit.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Xiaoxi
yea, because ideally someone with your avatar should make interesting, intelligent, and thoughtful posts...but you don't do any of that shit.

To be fair that frame is prior to flying through the monolith, so you can't expect expanded consciousness yet, and uuuh.... "Says the guy with a gear shift pattern avatar".
Quote by Banjocal
Not a marketing or necessarily even quality thing but the whole "Stevie used a Dumble amp, I MUST USE A DUMBLE" mentality is kind of annoying.

Same with Sunn O))) and Model T amps. Good amps, sure. But there's a reason Boris are willing to use Orange amps, for example.

What does it say about the artist being used as marketing and agreeing to it, that said there is some evidence that emulation of talent leads to talent.

Which makes me think, how much does your equipment effect your style? My first amp was a Fender Princeton reverb, which is great amp but at the time I wanted to do hardrock and that was not the ideal amp for that.
Quote by 33db
What does it say about the artist being used as marketing and agreeing to it, that said there is some evidence that emulation of talent leads to talent.
Which makes me think, how much does your equipment effect your style? My first amp was a Fender Princeton reverb, which is great amp but at the time I wanted to do hardrock and that was not the ideal amp for that.
Well, to be fair, Sunn O))) took on the name voluntarily and their M.O. was basically TONE: THE ALBUM, THE CONCERT, THE HEARING DAMAGE. And Model-T's are exceptionally nice for that kind of music. If nothing else they're incredibly powerful. Even if one finds their music intolerable I think it'd be pretty dense (for most people) to deny how crunch-smooth their recordings can sound.

buuuuut people have kind of turned it into a meme

Quote by chrismendiola
(what rhymes with bug me)
buckwheat? tug free?
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Quote by chrismendiola
slug me
drug me
mug me

Hug me.

Quote by chrismendiola
  • slug me
  • drug me
  • mug me
Ah, I was right all along: tug me!

edit: god fuckin damnit
Quote by EndTheRapture51
That's some boring whinging about nothing you're doing there...
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
Quote by K33nbl4d3
That's some boring whinging about nothing you're doing there...

You're complaining about "boring whining", isn't that fractal whining?
Quote by 33db
You're complaining about "boring whining", isn't that fractal whining?
the premise and the conclusion are both wrong as i said whinging
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Quote by StewieSwan

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
Quote by K33nbl4d3
the premise and the conclusion are both wrong as i said whinging

You know how we yanks like to irritate you with our own spellings of English words.
Quote by 33db
You know how we yanks like to irritate you with our own spellings of English words.
whining and whinging are different words
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Quote by StewieSwan

Quote by Bladez22
Quote by K33nbl4d3
whining and whinging are different words

In the context you used, either would work
Quote by 33db
In the context you used, either would work
either would fit into the sentence but they do not have the same connotations so no
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Quote by StewieSwan

Quote by Bladez22
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Arent you old?

yope multi confirmed
Quote by snipelfritz
You lost me at "Lubricate."

I'm raw, like nature. Nature boy. Big jungle leaves are my cum rags.

Sometimes I fuck a bamboo shoot.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Quote by Joshua Garcia
yope multi confirmed

Something something kick you something something you would fall down yadda yadda
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by K33nbl4d3
either would fit into the sentence but they do not have the same connotations so no

Definition of whine
whined; whining

intransitive verb

a :  to utter a high-pitched plaintive or distressed cryb :  to make a sound similar to such a cry the wind whined in the chimney

:  to complain with or as if with a whine always whining about the weather

Definition of whinge
whinged; whinging or whingeing

British

intransitive verb

:  to complain fretfully :  whine
Quote by 33db
Definition of whine
whined; whining

intransitive verb

a :  to utter a high-pitched plaintive or distressed cryb :  to make a sound similar to such a cry the wind whined in the chimney

:  to complain with or as if with a whine always whining about the weather

Definition of whinge
whinged; whinging or whingeing

British

intransitive verb

:  to complain fretfully :  whine
you do not seem to understand what connotations are or how a dictionary entry's capacity to convey them is limited at best
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Quote by StewieSwan

Quote by Bladez22
Page 1 of 3