I use an Orange Micro Terror (20 watt RMS hybrid amp, and it sounds good, no matter what people say), and I've been using an old crappy amp I got as a beginner (Line 6 Spider IV 15 combo) as a cab, and it sounds bad. It also is 4 ohms, which is the Micro Terror's minnimum, and when turned up, can overdrive the ss power section and blow it. That's not good. I am in the market for a new cab, and obviously don't want it to cost too much. I can always get the Micro Terror cab (Orange 1x8 20w 8 ohms), but was wondering if there are any better options. Budget shouldn't be a big probleem, but the more money, the longer before I can buy it. I definitely want something loud enough to gig (the Micro Terror does work fine for that, I've seen people gig with it using 2x12s). I just want something that sounds really good, and works well.
Just a teenage girl who loves playing guitar way too much, if that's even possible.

I live for my girlfriend. <3
2x12 loaded with v30's would be nice.  But You could go the budget friendly way and buy a 2x12 cheap cab, whatever is the lowest price on craigslist or whatever used market you have near you.  Then load it with with copys of the v30's.  Eminence Governors or Warehouse Guitar speakers Veteran 30's. 
'16 Gibson LP Standard T, '15 Epi LP Standard with 57/57+ Gibbys
Blackstar S1-45, a few pedals.
I've been finding tons of great cabs locally . If you have the room for it you can probably even get a 4X12 for as cheap as 70-80$ but there's also some great higher end cabs for $200-300 look around locally first
Sounds like V30s are good to use. I've heard before mixed responses about them. I'll check in my local music store. It sounds like a 2x12 would be good, unless there is a good 4x12. What are the pros and cons of each?
Just a teenage girl who loves playing guitar way too much, if that's even possible.

gogiregion  4x12 take up a fair amount of space and aren't light for starters. if this is just fr hme use you could get a 1x12 cab and be just fine. 
Quote by monwobobbo
gogiregion  4x12 take up a fair amount of space and aren't light for starters. if this is just fr hme use you could get a 1x12 cab and be just fine. 

Okay. I've heard that 2x12s are usually better, but you know better than me! Size isn't the biggest issue, as I have a cart that has a thinner lower level where I put my cords, and an upper layer for the amp and cab. It also has wheels.

212's will likely give you more low end than you'll ever need. But in all fairness the Micro terror, being such a low power head has difficulty reproducing low end at anything more than bedroom volumes anyway. I wouldn't consider the Micro Terror an amp you could gig with very practically for that reason alone. So with the amp that you currently have, getting a big 412 cabinet is a waste of time.

I find 112's to be more prone to sounding boxy, especially if they're not oversized. Get a 212.

Thomann sell a Harley Benton Cab loaded with V30's that's so cheap that the cabinet it comes in is basically free.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
212's will likely give you more low end than you'll ever need. But in all fairness the Micro terror, being such a low power head has difficulty reproducing low end at anything more than bedroom volumes anyway. I wouldn't consider the Micro Terror an amp you could gig with very practically for that reason alone. So with the amp that you currently have, getting a big 412 cabinet is a waste of time.

I find 112's to be more prone to sounding boxy, especially if they're not oversized. Get a 212.

Thomann sell a Harley Benton Cab loaded with V30's that's so cheap that the cabinet it comes in is basically free.

This?

https://thomann.de/gb/harley_benton_g212_vintage.htm

I'll definitely check that thing out. Thanks for the information, too. Not that you were the only one, but this gave me a good idea of exacly what I should check out.

^ yep that's the one. it's hard to beat for what it costs.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
^ yep that's the one. it's hard to beat for what it costs.

Okay, thanks. Just wanted to be sure.

no problem, it's definitely safer to find out now than after you've bought it.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
no problem, it's definitely safer to find out now than after you've bought it.

I agree. I liked the sound samples on the page, although they probably used heads WAY out of my budget. A $100 Orange =/= a $2,000 Marshall. At some point I need to get a Rockerverb, but I'll probably get a Tiny Terror full tube amp first; after the cab of course.

Quote by gogiregion
I agree. I liked the sound samples on the page, although they probably used heads WAY out of my budget. A $100 Orange =/= a $2,000 Marshall. At some point I need to get a Rockerverb, but I'll probably get a Tiny Terror full tube amp first; after the cab of course.

Yeah. I mean you'd be surprised how often people come on here asking for help after they've bought something unsuitable. At that point there's not much we can do.

Of course I've never bought anything silly.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
don't get a cab. Get an über, cheaper and more efficient
"It's not a killing house. Its a killing bungalow"
Quote by ukrainenprince
don't get a cab. Get an über, cheaper and more efficient

I've actually had cab rides cheaper than über rides before, from the same start and finish location. Doesn't happen often, but it's great when it does.

Really? In australia the cabs are shit, taking outrageous routes to places, sometimes not even having the meter on and making up prices. Where is this mystical place where this... event happens
"It's not a killing house. Its a killing bungalow"
Quote by ukrainenprince
Really? In australia the cabs are shit, taking outrageous routes to places, sometimes not even having the meter on and making up prices. Where is this mystical place where this... event happens

THe only place I've ever had good cabs like that is in Chicago, Illinois in the US. In the US, there are legal requirements, and you also get a tax discount if your taxi has a meter. Although Chicago by far has the best cab service (as far as I know).

Quote by ukrainenprince
gogiregion Intersting. Thank you for this knowledge

Your welcome.