Locking nuts have more space in their grooves which allows for thicker strings while normal nuts can only go so far.
Id fancy an 8 string without all the hassle of floyd rose but with locking nuts so i can install an even thicker 8 string and tune to C# (After the Burial tuning on Wolves Within).
Get your guitar properly set-up and a nut cut especially for the gauges you'd like? 
Basses have standard nuts with wider grooves for thicker strings. It's not a big deal to cut an ordinary nut to accommodate thicker strings. 
Ibanez rg2228 , that's about it
My Soundcloud dudes
Recording gear:
Yahama Hs8
Saffire Pro 40
Shure Sm57
Shure Sm7b

Guitar gear :
Ebmm BFR7
Axe fx XL+
Walrus audio Janus
Ibanez Ergodyne
Black Market Custom cab
Quote by Kyleisthename
Ibanez rg2228 , that's about it

You've obviously never heard of Agile/Rondo.
Guitar/Bass:
Schecter: Damien 6/Stilletto Extreme 5, Squier: Bullet HSS*, Washburn RX10*/WG-587, Agile Septor 727
*mods

Amps/FX
Peavey: Vypyr 30/Max 112 (200W), ISP: Decimator

Quote by dannyalcatraz
Understood- I waste money on amps*, too.

justinguitar.com is the answer
bjgrifter no fine tuners, that would be an insane pain trying to accurately intonate.
My Soundcloud dudes
Recording gear:
Yahama Hs8
Saffire Pro 40
Shure Sm57
Shure Sm7b

Guitar gear :
Ebmm BFR7
Axe fx XL+
Walrus audio Janus
Ibanez Ergodyne
Black Market Custom cab
Quote by Kyleisthename
bjgrifter no fine tuners, that would be an insane pain trying to accurately intonate.

Whaaa? what the hell are you talking about? 

Virtually all of the Septor series 8-strings would work. www.rondomusic.com
You should know that a locking nut pulls strings out of tune. I fudged up and said intonation
My Soundcloud dudes
Recording gear:
Yahama Hs8
Saffire Pro 40
Shure Sm57
Shure Sm7b

Guitar gear :
Ebmm BFR7
Axe fx XL+
Walrus audio Janus
Ibanez Ergodyne
Black Market Custom cab
Kyleisthename

Not if you have a sharp headstock angle or properly setup string retainer. I agree it would be a pain in the ass but it would be possible without fine tuners.
"Well reeeer to you too sir...Its the internet. Do you really expect it to be completely serious?" - mcraddict81592
Just have the nut cut for the gage you want Plenty of folks use heavy gage strings with regular nuts.
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

Quote by DarthTyrannus83
I K0nijn I AcousticMirror dspellman Yeah and what if i want to go back to a lighter gauge later on? I dont want permanent mods to the guitar.

Nuts get replaced all the time; it's not a "Permanent Mod" in the vein of a Sustainer or a Kill switch or adding a third pickup. 
Speaking of permanent mods, you could probably put a locking type nut on almost any 8-string (it *would* be a permanent mod). I'm assuming in all of this, by the way, that you're not really going to be locking anything down, right? 
Quote by Kyleisthename

Looking at the 8 string models with locking trems, I see they are all Kahlers. I didnt try a mock build in the custom shop.
I don't own any guitars with double locking trems, but I just assumed Kahler does what FR and Ibanez do.
Guitar/Bass:
Schecter: Damien 6/Stilletto Extreme 5, Squier: Bullet HSS*, Washburn RX10*/WG-587, Agile Septor 727
*mods

Amps/FX
Peavey: Vypyr 30/Max 112 (200W), ISP: Decimator

Quote by dannyalcatraz
Understood- I waste money on amps*, too.

justinguitar.com is the answer
DarthTyrannus83

Sounds like a good idea, but the nut isn't made to be left un clamped. The string gets caught up. Would not recommend it.

A regular nut is like what, $10 usd. Cut the nut to whatever strings you want, and if you want to go back get a new nut. Nobody will ever know.

OTOH, if you rout a fretboard out for a locking nut you cannot go back (easily).
"Well reeeer to you too sir...Its the internet. Do you really expect it to be completely serious?" - mcraddict81592
Quote by DarthTyrannus83
I K0nijn I AcousticMirror dspellman Yeah and what if i want to go back to a lighter gauge later on? I dont want permanent mods to the guitar.

Kyleisthename Looks good, thanks.

And by any chance, does someone know the exact guitar model Justin Lowe used? That green one with Lacoste logo.

you'd have the same issue with a locking nut?
Prs se Holcomb is the answer