Hey all! So recently I have gotten a sudden urge to get a chorus pedal, but I have no knowledge on the different brands that are out there. I tried a BOSS super chorus in a store but the amp they had set up for trying sounded bad so I didn't really get a good taste of the pedal. I'm located in Dubai, U.A.E. My budget is around 50 to a $100, definitely going USED. My gear- PRS mark tremonti SE > rat 2 > Laney cub12r (would the chorus go after the rat or in the fx loop?) 

Some of the options in the local used market

1) mxr anolog chorus:-  $87
2) Corona chorus:-  $109
3) Stranger chorus:- $27
4) Electric mistress:- $68

I don't really have an option to try them in the local shops as most of them don't supply most of these pedals, if any one you guys have positive/negative experiences with these pedals do let me know. I mostly play classic and thrash metal, but i feel my cleans are missing something and I have always loved the sound of clean arpeggios going through a chorus and subtle delay.

Note:- Boss chorus pedals do pop up time to time, Joyo and behringer are other cheap options also available.
EH Electric Mistress is a flanger. you want the EH Small Clone for chorus. the TC Electronics Corona is a really good chorus unit. keep you eyes peeled for an old DOD FX 65 as that is an awesome chorus and can be found fairly cheap still (i've had mind since the mid 80s and haven't looked for another since
Appreciate the suggestions, but please note that the local used market here is really tiny compared to the west, and the only way to get those pedals suggested is through ebay with really high shipping costs (usually $30-$80). 

On the other hand, whats the main difference between a stereo and I assume a mono chorus?
Many really like the Boss Waza Chorus.
www.facebook.com/yourbadinfluence
I don't think this guy ships to UAE, but I'm showing you this to give you an idea of what to look for:

Visual Sound H2O V2:
https://reverb.com/item/4827542-visual-sound-h2o-v2-chorus-delay-guitar-effects-pedal-pd-3899#policies-tab

Used ones here go as low as $60. It is an excellent chorus, and the echo side is pretty decent, too. Bonus: the pedal housing is literally tough enough to survive a pickup truck running over it. I recently bought the V3 because I love my V2 so much.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
H2O is the way to go. Love this pedal. 
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
Quote by scott58

+1 definitely.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
I like the TC Corona Chorus - it's just so versatile.  Check out the Toneprint samples on their site.  You can also hook it up to a PC and use the Toneprint editor to tweak to your heart's content.  They recently released Toneprints that match their original SCF Chorus, Flanger, and Pitch Modulation - all for the Corona "Chorus".  
Guitars:
Ibanez RG1570 Prestige
Jackson Kelly KE3 - MIJ (Distortion/Jazz)
Jackson DKMGT Dinky (EMG 81/85)
ESP E-II Eclipse Custom (JB/'59)
ESP LTD EC-1001FR (EMG 81/60)
Fender MIM Strat

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster 212
Laney IronHeart IRT-Studio
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver Amp Sims
TOOOO many T.C. Electronic Pedals. . .
Quote by scott58

Another vote for the H20.
Or if you can find the Visual Sound Liquid Chorus, which is the chorus side of the H20.
+1

(I keep forgetting they released that as a discrete pedal.)
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Thank you for the replies, after some online research I'm really considering the Visual Sound H2O, since i don't currently own a delay pedal the 2 in one seems really good. I found one V2 for $120 with shipping so I might order it. The Corona sounds really good too, and its a bit cheaper too. What are your thoughts on the mxr analog Chorus? I like the extra Eq option it features
Either the MXR, the TC Corona (even the mini one if you dont have much board space/budget) or the Small Clone are good shouts for that range.

As people said the Corona is probably the most versatile due to the Toneprint stuff - although I wish their pedals were laid out more like Strymon so you can footswitch between 2 presets or something.  
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
PRS P245 Semi Hollow
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
Mayones Regius 7 Buckeye Burl
LSL CVS Studio Strat
Fender American Standard Tele
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special
Bugera 333
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500
I also have the MXR Analog (but in the Zakk Wylde case) and it's not as versatile. It doesn't play well in the loop of my Mesa but I do run it up front for my Hair band type of sound - think Kickstart My Heart - it's really good for that.
Guitars:
Ibanez RG1570 Prestige
Jackson Kelly KE3 - MIJ (Distortion/Jazz)
Jackson DKMGT Dinky (EMG 81/85)
ESP E-II Eclipse Custom (JB/'59)
ESP LTD EC-1001FR (EMG 81/60)
Fender MIM Strat

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster 212
Laney IronHeart IRT-Studio
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver Amp Sims
TOOOO many T.C. Electronic Pedals. . .
nemo178 go for the H2O! the delay on them is quite nice as well.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Most probably going to order the H2O tomorrow, it should arrive by end of the month .
Surprised to hear the mxr doesn't have much versatility, anyway thanks great people of UG, would've never known about H2O if it weren't for your suggestions.
You might want to try a detune pedal first, I actually like it better than the chorus (Digitech Nautilus) I have.
I bought a Boss Harmonist for pitch shifting but it has a detune function, sounds better than the chorus and it keeps the tone.
Quote by nemo178
Most probably going to order the H2O tomorrow, it should arrive by end of the month .
Surprised to hear the mxr doesn't have much versatility, anyway thanks great people of UG, would've never known about H2O if it weren't for your suggestions.

Good! I just want to be clear- you're looking at the V2, right? The V1 is basically the same pedal, but the V2 enclosure is sooooo much sturdier. I see it as an investment in the pedal's durability- good for you as a user, but also as a second-hand purchaser.

I disagree that the MXR analog chorus is not a versatile chorus. It has EQ options for different flavours of chorus and all the controls in general operate on a really wide range.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Boss CE-5, TC Electronic Corona Chorus or Gravy (Guitar Center version Chorus /shaker) are some chorus pedal I own and would highly recommend..

have you thought of reverb and/or delay instead.. I would think it is more useful.. REVERB: TC Electronic Hall of Fame reverb, Digitech Polara... DELAY: TC Electronic Flashback X4 or Flashback or Alter Ego 2 (vintage delay), Digitech Obscura Altered Delay, Joyo D-seed Digital Dual Delay.. you can't go wrong with TC Electronic.. the toneprint allows you to customize the parameters of your pedal to create your own unique sound or if you are like me.. I just use toneprint by my favorite artist.. Digitech has also introduced some awesome pedals.. i have EHX pedals.. but not chorus or reverb.. EHX English Muffin OD and Black Finger Compressor (both with 2x 12ax7 tubes) and Mel9.. whatever you decide.. be happy with it and find your sweet spot.
I have Washburn guitars 'Maverick Series' and bass 'Bantam Series' and a few pedals and amps, but man I wish to have more patience and drive practicing my playing, if it's equal to the modding itch, then I'm golden.
I have been using the Boss CE-2 for 14 years now, if you can expand your budget $50, it may be worth finding one on eBay. If not, I have messed around with some of the others. I found the Small Stone and Corona to be the best of that budget range, possibly slightly leaning towards the Corona. I would check out some channels on Youtube that reviews these items if you cannot get your hands on one before you buy. 

Good luck! 
UG NMA Member #2

Gil Grissom PWNS YOU!
Boss Chorus is the classic, and best in my opinion.  You can find them used for well under $100.  There's a reason they've been so popular for decades.
having never tried any of them i can say TC Electronic makes a great product and the tone prints are super cool.
i have the HOF mini reverb and it doest sound cheap or overly digital or anything like that.
VHT Special 6 ultra
TC HOF Reverb
Line 6 DL4
EHX OD Glove
Fender standard Tele
Ibanez Rga121
Taylor GA 214E
The TC Corona chorus is a versatile pedal, but it is the one I least one I like. The Electro Harmonix Small Clone/Neo Clone both sound good. What annoys me is the pop when switching the effect I get with my Small Clone. Here I was told that the Neo Clone does it too. 

I do not like MXR Analog chorus, but MXR do offer great chorus pedals. The MXR micro chorus is a great pedal and the MXR Stereo Chorus is the best chorus pedal I played. It is expensive at about 230 euros but really versatile and really wide when played through 2 amps.

I never liked Boss modulation pedals. I tried CH-1 and CE-5 and did not like them. I am anxiously waiting to get my hands on the CE-2W but it is as expensive as the MXR Stereo chorus. It has a vibrato feature but is not true stereo. Hopefully it arrives here soon and being able to try it.
Quote by Gab_Azz

I never liked Boss modulation pedals. I tried CH-1 and CE-5 and did not like them. I am anxiously waiting to get my hands on the CE-2W but it is as expensive as the MXR Stereo chorus. It has a vibrato feature but is not true stereo. Hopefully it arrives here soon and being able to try it.

the CH1 is a good pedal BUT you have to use a dummy cord in the second output to get any useable effect, by doing that it softens it and makes a really nice smooth chorus.
VHT Special 6 ultra
TC HOF Reverb
Line 6 DL4
EHX OD Glove
Fender standard Tele
Ibanez Rga121
Taylor GA 214E
Quote by the_white_bunny
the CH1 is a good pedal BUT you have to use a dummy cord in the second output to get any useable effect, by doing that it softens it and makes a really nice smooth chorus.

Actually I found the CH-1 very smooth but a bit boring. But I could see people using it with distortion. I use chorus mostly with cleans.
Quote by Gab_Azz
Actually I found the CH-1 very smooth but a bit boring. But I could see people using it with distortion.  I use chorus mostly with cleans.

i never liked it until i found out about the dummy cord. but everyone has a different ear and preference.
VHT Special 6 ultra
TC HOF Reverb
Line 6 DL4
EHX OD Glove
Fender standard Tele
Ibanez Rga121
Taylor GA 214E
Quote by the_white_bunny
i never liked it until i found out about the dummy cord. but everyone has a different ear and preference.

Yes, most pedals are sensitive to the way we play and not all pedals are suited for every genre.
Quote by nemo178
Hey all! So recently I have gotten a sudden urge to get a chorus pedal, but I have no knowledge on the different brands that are out there. I tried a BOSS super chorus in a store but the amp they had set up for trying sounded bad so I didn't really get a good taste of the pedal. I'm located in Dubai, U.A.E. My budget is around 50 to a $100, definitely going USED. My gear- PRS mark tremonti SE > rat 2 > Laney cub12r (would the chorus go after the rat or in the fx loop?) 

Some of the options in the local used market

1) mxr anolog chorus:-  $87
2) Corona chorus:-  $109
3) Stranger chorus:- $27
4) Electric mistress:- $68

I don't really have an option to try them in the local shops as most of them don't supply most of these pedals, if any one you guys have positive/negative experiences with these pedals do let me know. I mostly play classic and thrash metal, but i feel my cleans are missing something and I have always loved the sound of clean arpeggios going through a chorus and subtle delay.

Note:- Boss chorus pedals do pop up time to time, Joyo and behringer are other cheap options also available.

The world doesn't need a another Boss Chorus on a pedalboard - let's put that one to rest lol.

I would recommend the Corona - it's by far the most flexible and you can use the Toneprint function for even more options.  The sound quality is excellent.

Put the chorus in the loop if you use your amp's distortion. If you run the amp fairly clean and use pedals for distortion,  place the pedal  after your Rat pedal.  
Last edited by reverb66 at Apr 18, 2017,