yes
28 76%
no
8 22%
i never learned my parents hate me
1 3%
Voters: 37.
Page 1 of 3
do you ride a bike (no but i ride ur mum!!) and if so how often? for what reasons? What is your country's or city's attitude towards cyclists? Is it stupid and despicable like Britain or cool and actively encouraged like in Berlin and Amsterdam (dem cycle lanes)?

cos i miss it and am gonna get one of those hybrid bikes soon and explore the world, maan (or glasgow/cumbernauld )
Quote by ErikLensherr
Did you hear about the cockney Godfather?

He made them an offer they couldn't understand.
Last edited by steve_muse at Apr 12, 2017,
I enjoy riding my bike short distances because it save me money and is better for me than sitting in a car. 

People don't seem to care one way or the other about cyclists around here. 
They can't stop us Let 'em try For heavy metal We will die!
Practically every day. 10 km to work, 10 from work on weekdays. Short distances to the store and whatnot on weekends or occasionally a longer trip in the weekend (30, 40, 50 km)

Cycle lanes everywhere
Nah not any more. Most cyclists piss me off too. I don't even drive, but you just see so many of them that think the rules of the road don't apply to them. 
Quote by ultimate-slash
Practically every day. 10 km to work, 10 from work on weekdays. Short distances to the store and whatnot on weekends or occasionally a longer trip in the weekend (30, 40, 50 km)

Cycle lanes everywhere

May I enquire as to the whereabouts of this promised land? (can't remember if you and jam live in the same place )
Quote by ErikLensherr

Quote by matt bickerton
Nah not any more. Most cyclists piss me off too. I don't even drive, but you just see so many of them that think the rules of the road don't apply to them. 

but wouldn't it be wonderful if our cities accomodated the eco-friendly travel of these road mavericks?
Quote by ErikLensherr

Quote by steve_muse
May I enquire as to the whereabouts of this promised land? (can't remember if you and jam live in the same place )

Yes you may

I'm afraid to say I'm not from the promised land like comrade jam, but from the Netherlands.
Don't cycle. The roads round here are narrow, poorly maintained and have awful visibility due to hills, hedges and walls.

It can be worrying enough to travel on them at times when you're in a metal box with airbags and shit.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
i've always wanted to and still want to, but my area is garbage for cycling

there are a few paths within a couple miles that are specifically for cycling and jogging but they aren't really in the best neighborhoods lol
Quote by ultimate-slash
Yes you may

I'm afraid to say I'm not from the promised land like comrade jam, but from the Netherlands.

ah yea, makes sense. I was awed by the bike traffic in Amsterdam (I know it's not the same thing but ykno), can't even remember seeing many cars. Beautiful place.

Quote by slapsymcdougal
Don't cycle. The roads round here are narrow, poorly maintained and have awful visibility due to hills, hedges and walls.

It can be worrying enough to travel on them at times when you're in a metal box with airbags and shit.

yea. even in my town you can't go 2 minutes without some fucking hill. Great for descending obvs, but ykno, two-sided coin.
Quote by ErikLensherr

I'm more into longboarding great distances, but I enjoy bike riding. I like going to bike trails in the forest or riding anywhere in a natural setting. I don't use it for transportation right now, just for exercise and fun.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

Quote by k.lainad
I'm more into longboarding great distances, but I enjoy bike riding. I like going to bike trails in the forest or riding anywhere in a natural setting. I don't use it for transportation right now, just for exercise and fun.

What is "longboarding"? 
It's when you try to get on a plane, but the old couple in front of you IS TAKING FOREVER GAWD
Quote by ErikLensherr

I ride bikes but not often. We have nice bike routes around town so I like to wake up early on Sundays and go for a cruise.  
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
After not cycling for about 4 years, I have recently started to ride again. I do it for fun, but at the moment it isn't fun because my fitness levels are absolutely absymal. 

Also my area is full of annoying hills and whatnot and my house is on a small hill so the final stretch of the ride home is always shit. 
I have nothing important to say
H4T3BR33D3R ur from the US right? It'd be interesting to know about how they treat cycling. Cos I know they despise public transport (nothing more commie than collective travel right?), but cycling shares the kindof individualistic self-made man thing that cars represent.
Quote by ErikLensherr

Quote by JackSaints
After not cycling for about 4 years, I have recently started to ride again. I do it for fun, but at the moment it isn't fun because my fitness levels are absolutely absymal. 

Also my area is full of annoying hills and whatnot and my house is on a small hill so the final stretch of the ride home is always shit. 

exact same for me, perhaps worse. To get to the train station from my house it's just down down down down. The ride up feels like skyrim horse physics.
Quote by ErikLensherr

Quote by steve_muse
H4T3BR33D3R ur from the US right? It'd be interesting to know about how they treat cycling. Cos I know they despise public transport (nothing more commie than collective travel right?), but cycling shares the kindof individualistic self-made man thing that cars represent.

A bit more north than that, eh?

I think most people are okay with cyclists around here but there are definitely some people that have very little patience for cyclists. 
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Yah all the time. I commute during the warmer months, and I train on weekends. Just got a new time trial bike for triathlons and it's such a pleasure to go all out on out in the country.

Cycling is pretty well-respected and accommodated for in the US but it depends where you are. You can almost always find good riding on roads in rural areas but long distance dedicated trails are becoming more common. Also, it's not that public transport is commie, the east has for many decades used trains and subways, it's just not as practical or economical, and our infrastructure was largely built during the age of the automobile.

"Every day I wonder how many things I am dead wrong about."
Quote by steve_muse
aww yea ur canadian. Scotland is to be your 11th province. Maybe our unification can revolutionise scotlanada cycling -  http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-39510351

"Scotlanada"

Hell of a ring to it
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
damn, even the US showing us up

i mean if i looked for it there are probably tons of suitable cycling routes near me. Nothing particularly local, though, i'd wager
Quote by ErikLensherr

Quote by TobusRex
What is "longboarding"? 

Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

The current city I live in has got to be the most bicycle friendly city in California.

Quote by Pastafarian96
I an evety characyer in this story
Not actively but I really want to ride a century. I was gonna do it if I were accepted into that middle-of-nowhere school cuz I like the idea of going somewhere entirely new and exploring on a bike.

This city's trash for biking. There's some international event that happens every so often and they roll through an opposing intersection to my building and shut the streets down like anyone not in a car here is treated well at all.
Quote by seanlang01
ali.guitarkid7 what city do you live in? ITU held their first triathlon in Abu Dhabi last month and that's a pretty big race.

I'm in Dubai.

I don't tend to keep track of that stuff cuz there's a whole host of international events going on at any given week.

Ah just looked it up, it's called the Dubai Tour, part of something called UCI Asia.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dubai_Tour
Last edited by ali.guitarkid7 at Apr 12, 2017,
I haven't been on a bike in a long time, unless you count exercise bikes lol. I definitely haven't been on a bicycle since I last skated, and I stopped skateboarding like maybe 9 or 10 years now.

I walk a lot if I want to be healthy though, sometimes even walk home from work, which is like 9km (70-90min walk depending on energy level). II usually only do that when it's warm though.

would quite like to do a touring holiday some day where you just get on a bicycle and travel for a few weeks, but I'd need to get in the habit of cycling before I'd feel confident doing that.
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
I'd consider it, if I didn't have to wear such heinous clothing
My God, it's full of stars!
Quote by theguitarist
I haven't been on a bike in a long time, unless you count exercise bikes lol. I definitely haven't been on a bicycle since I last skated, and I stopped skateboarding like maybe 9 or 10 years now.

I walk a lot if I want to be healthy though, sometimes even walk home from work, which is like 9km (70-90min walk depending on energy level). II usually only do that when it's warm though.

would quite like to do a touring holiday some day where you just get on a bicycle and travel for a few weeks, but I'd need to get in the habit of cycling before I'd feel confident doing that.

ur in london, right? I was surprised at the amount of cyclists I saw down there, especially considering how scary traffic is
Quote by ErikLensherr

Quote by steve_muse
ur in london, right? I was surprised at the amount of cyclists I saw down there, especially considering how scary traffic is

yeah everyone is doing it lately but I am content walking still.

plus I live right next to some steep inclines so cycling to work means either taking a "long way" to leave/get home or doing some annoying cycle up a hill sometimes. I often walk up those bits but I can take my time there, cycling really slowly instead would be dumb.
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
yeh I cycle every day to school😂😂 luckily I have a nice wide cycle path no one uses, I live in surrey (just south of London) but sometimes it's main road
Quote by Dreadnought
I'd consider it, if I didn't have to wear such heinous clothing

"Every day I wonder how many things I am dead wrong about."
I cycle to university and back 3 days a week. 2.5 miles each way roughly
Page 1 of 3