Hey,

I'm planning to buy Marshall DSL40c and replace the speaker. I don't know which one yet, but choices are Vintage 30, Creamback and Greenback. If the speaker has 65 or 75 watts is it ok to place it into an amp that has 40 watts? What is the best choice for this amp?
as long as the speaker has the same or higher wattage of the amp than you are fine.

You also need to match the ohms.

as far as the v30 goes, you can't really go wrong. it is pretty much an industry standard. i honestly haven't tried a creamback, but I have heard good things.

greenbacks are 25 watts. that is a no go with your amp.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
On the back of the amp you can switch between 8 and 16ohms. What difference does it make if speaker has 8 or 16ohms?
Quote by Bebras
On the back of the amp you can switch between 8 and 16ohms. What difference does it make if speaker has 8 or 16ohms?

it doesn't matter really. they just have to match.

read the back of the speaker in there and match it. I think that switch is there mainly to run another cab. just match the new speaker with what you got.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
trashed nailed it.

I haven't tried the creambacks, but assuming they sound similar to their lower-wattage counterparts, the greenback version of the creamback will be vintage-sounding and middy/woody, the g12h30 version of the creamback will be a little moe modern (but still vintage-ish) but more scooped, and then the vintage 30 will be modern-sounding, tight on the bass, and very middy.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I run a G12H-75 Creamback next to a V30 in my favorite 212 cab.  If I were to compare it to a V30, much less mids, a bit less highs and smoothed out, and more low end.
^ Huh. I always wondered if that's what happens with higher-wattage versions- the smoother high end. I haven't tried the creamback version but I'd say the regular G12H30 has got more bite/edge in the high end than a V30.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Hello again. I didn't want to create a ne thread so i'll ask here. I bought JCM2000 plus Orange PPC212 closed back with V30's. I'm thinking about getting G12H-75 Creamback and pair it together with V30. Has anyone tried it? For me, it seems that V30's is a little to Harsh, and i want more meat, but don't want it to sound too bassy. You know, something like Soundgarden's - Badmotorfinger, enough crunch, but sludgy. Any opinions? 
Quote by Bebras
Hello again. I didn't want to create a ne thread so i'll ask here. I bought JCM2000 plus Orange PPC212 closed back with V30's. I'm thinking about getting G12H-75 Creamback and pair it together with V30. Has anyone tried it? For me, it seems that V30's is a little to Harsh, and i want more meat, but don't want it to sound too bassy. You know, something like Soundgarden's - Badmotorfinger, enough crunch, but sludgy. Any opinions? 

You will be better off starting your own new thread instead of thread jacking.  Otherwise you have the quick questions thread, which still wont be as helpful as a new dedicated thread.
Quote by Bebras

Play the V30 some more. V30's need break-in time. They sound harsh for a while and then suddenly mellow out. Avatar (cabinet company) sells V30's that have been put through a break-in cycle as Hellatone 60's (re-stickered). Check this out: https://avatarspeakers.com/shop/speakers/hellatone-60/ . If you put another speaker in there now and THEN the V30's come into their own because they've been broken in, you're going to regret spending the money on the creamback. I have a pair of well-broken-in V30's in an open back 50W tube amp that are gorgeous. But they weren't when they were new.
Quote by dementiacaptain
Way Cool JR.

He isn't really thread-jacking, it is his thread