Poll: Does it come from the rhythm of the heart?
Poll Options
View poll results: Does it come from the rhythm of the heart?
Ja
18 75%
Nein
5 21%
I love AMERICA
3 13%
I love lamp
12 50%
Voters: 24.
Page 1 of 2
Do you believe in love? Is it all just hormones and penis-feelings? Are you in love? How do you differentiate between super-ultra-like and love? Talk about love here. Share your feelings. This is a space to talk about love.

I'm bored some of you must have something to say

Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
Last edited by Banjocal at Apr 13, 2017,
I believe in a thing called love

Just listen to the rhythm of my hart

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Just listen to the rhythm of my heart

Quote by Pastafarian96
I an evety characyer in this story
Quote by EndTheRapture51
I believe in a thing called love

Just listen to the rhythm of my hart
I too support the Humanitarian Aid Relief Trust but that's not what we're talking about now Rapture

Quote by StewieSwan
if u dun luv urself who will?
so deep
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Nobody loves me, nobody seem to care
Nobody loves me, nobody seem to care
Speaking of bad luck and trouble, you know I had my share
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day
Quote by The_Blode
so I can visualise how they blowing my money

That's some weird cuckolding
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day
darkness is great so yeah
WHAT A
HORRIBLE
NIGHT TO
HAVE A
CURSE.
Quote by Banjocal
I too support the Humanitarian Aid Relief Trust but that's not what we're talking about now Rapture

so deep

if you don't go deep is it even love
Check out my band Disturbed
Love is a myth made up by idealistic people who don't realise what a cold, miserable and uncaring place the world is 

I have nothing important to say
i love pizza so yea
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

Quote by Dregen
love is gay
Mine certainly is.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
If you can't love yourself, how in the hell you gonna love somebody else? Can I get an "Amen"?
I like St. Anger. Ridicule me, daddy

Quote by ErikLensherr

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Quote by The_Blode
^ everybody touch somebody (in the immortal words of JLC)

Didn't he get the jail for stalking his ex or something?
love is just chemicals, as is all emotions and feelings

Doesn't mean it's not wonderful (it is), but there's no magic, just chemicals in the brain
Eat your pheasant
Drink your wine
Your days are numbered, bourgeois swine!
Everything is just chemicals. "Just chemicals" is as real as it gets.
SGT. HARTMAN: Where in hell are you from anyway, Private?
COWBOY: Sir, Texas, sir!
SGT. HARTMAN: Holy dogshit! Texas! Only steers and queers come from Texas, Private Cowboy! And you don't look much like a steer to me, so that kinda narrows it down!! Do you suck dicks!?
COWBOY: Sir, no, sir!
SGT. HARTMAN: Are you a peter-puffer!?
COWBOY: Sir, no, sir!
SGT. HARTMAN: I'll bet you're the kind of guy that would fuck a person in the ass and not even have the goddamn common courtesy to give him a reach-around! I'll be watching you!!
“Tell me why the stars do shine,
Tell me why the ivy twines,
Tell me what makes skies so blue,
And I'll tell you why I love you.

Nuclear fusion makes stars to shine,
Tropisms make the ivy twine,
Raleigh scattering make skies so blue,
Testicular hormones are why I love you. ”     

I think love is an umbrella term for a collective of emotions and ideas. I do not think it is one thing.

That said as far as most people go I don't think I should be one to expound broadly on love. For one it's not something I've truly experienced, so a part of me still assumes it's something I could discover is exactly the opposite of my prior description. For two the term and the discussion it engenders tend not to evoke anything earnest or mature, or else it's super flat and undynamic and restrictively didactic, eg "Love is a hole in your heart/Love is never having to say you're sorry/Love is a gift you give yourself" or whatever else, and that makes me lose interest more.

The way we view love tends to be very worship-y and haughty. I mean a Frankie Say Relax t-shirt lies in the compendium of love, this isn't something we should uniformly elevate without being picky.
Quote by Bladez22
love is just chemicals, as is all emotions and feelings

Doesn't mean it's not wonderful (it is), but there's no magic, just chemicals in the brain

Apparently falling in love is the same thing as eating really good chocolate, chemically.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

Quote by k.lainad
Apparently falling in love is the same thing as eating really good chocolate, chemically.

This explains my love for chocolate then
Quote by ali.guitarkid7

The way we view love tends to be very worship-y and haughty. I mean a Frankie Say Relax t-shirt lies in the compendium of love, this isn't something we should uniformly elevate without being picky.
agree

Kyle Kinane did a lovely bit on this actually but I can't find it. It's like 20 minutes into Whisky Icarus iirc
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Having a definition of love defeats the purpose of it.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Until people learn the difference between love and lust, or until they can grasp that what we call "love" the Greeks needed three different words, έρως, αδελφική, and αγάπη, to describe, discussing love is pointless. 

But, it's a pleasant way to kill time. 
Quote by JackSaints
Love is a myth made up by idealistic people who don't realise what a cold, miserable and uncaring place the world is 

*tilts fedora*
Love is a choice. An action. It is putting someone else's needs above your own. If EVERYONE did this perfectly the world would be perfect. Nothing bad or evil ever. Just think about that
Quote by naugustrocks23
Love is a choice. An action. It is putting someone else's needs above your own. If EVERYONE did this perfectly the world would be perfect. Nothing bad or evil ever. Just think about that

What about excluyent needs? E.g 2 people need a life saving medication but there is only 1 of it available?
Quote by naugustrocks23
Quote by SandKatChappy58
I believe in lust. Once the endorphins wear off, it's time to jet. (They all get so naggy.)

Perfect, back-to-back examples of what I brought up.
Quote by gerdner
Until people learn the difference between love and lust, or until they can grasp that what we call "love" the Greeks needed three different words, έρως, αδελφική, and αγάπη, to describe, discussing love is pointless. 

But, it's a pleasant way to kill time. 

I believe those translate to:

Two people sexytime
More than two people sexytime
Centaurs
Page 1 of 2