Page 1 of 2
I have quite a few family members who think they're greatest thing to walk the planet! I can't stand their music! Granted I don't like anything with rapping in it these days.
they're a fantastic group that write engaging and thoughtful songs
Check out my band Disturbed
Quote by StewieSwan
they're a fantastic group that write engaging and thoughtful songs

Granted I've only heard Heathens, Stressed out and Car radio, but are they really that good? Maybe I'm just not seeing it.
car radio is a tune

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Quote by intheJungle
Granted I've only heard Heathens, Stressed out and Car radio, but are they really that good? Maybe I'm just not seeing it.

Screen, Kitchen Sink, Migraine, Ode to Sleep, 
Almost as overrated as Half Life 2
I like St. Anger. Ridicule me, daddy

Quote by ErikLensherr

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Quote by zgr0826
Almost as overrated as Half Life 2

oh boy the monkey's out of the bottle now
WHAT A
HORRIBLE
NIGHT TO
HAVE A
CURSE.
Quote by ElMaco
oh boy the monkey's out of the bottle now

Who the hell puts monkeys in bottles? 
TobusRex 

People who think Half Life 2 is anything beyond a physics engine demonstration.
I like St. Anger. Ridicule me, daddy

Quote by ErikLensherr

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
I'm pretty sure a whole lot of pilots are overrated. I mean, modern planes pretty much fly themselves.
I like them, not the best thing ever but they're decent
Eat your pheasant
Drink your wine
Your days are numbered, bourgeois swine!
I feel like people who like 21 Pilots also think Buffalo Wind Wings is a good restaurant.  Like, it's kind of not their fault for having such a little scope of the universe, but it's still a despicable opinion that shouldn't be allowed.

I wonder, should we pity these classless rubes for not knowing better, or should we just eradicate them all in a glorious act of cultural euthanasia?
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
their music isn't "bad", it's produced really well actually, it's just generic as fuck radio play.

and don't even categorize them as rap
rap music has, and always will be, great
especially the underground scene, which shits on 21 pilots in every direction.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

straight up atrocious

Dated a girl who loved them before they got big. They weren't great then and they sure aren't great now. Not full on shit, but not far away from it either. 

Our local rock station plays Heathens in the regular rotation. Needless to say, I don't listen to that station anymore. 
Quote by JD Close
Piano dick had some good parts, but should have said "As the business man slowly gets boned", would have accented the whole dick feeling of the album
Quote by k.lainad
their music isn't "bad", it's produced really well actually, it's just generic as fuck radio play.

How is it generic? It's very progressive

Last edited by StewieSwan at Apr 13, 2017,
StewieSwan

I like that first track - because it's never on the radio, so i'm not sick of it yet, some of their better work, diverse indeed
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

They're okay, but I knew this one person in college was beyond obsessed with them and would take anyone saying anything about them that wasn't glowing as a personal affront. Dealing with her and having to walk on eggshells whenever she talked about them or played their music put a pretty sour taste in my mouth with regards to their stuff.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 73-78
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 2-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 24-7
I like them, although I can't say I've ever met anyone who thinks they're the greatest thing going. 
The plan was to drink until the pain over.
But what's worse, the pain or the hangover?
Who am I? I'm a titan so be expectin' a clash.
based on their three radio hits heathens might be okay but i dont like them much. overall i'm indifferent. I really dont like stressed out.

their music sounds like it was lifted straight out of the mid 2000s (like a bad gorillaz knockoff) and it's weird cause it's not lol. I mean it sounds like it's literally from 2005, not a 2016 act incorporating ideas from that era.
Does the band actually consist of 21 pilots.,
WHAT A
HORRIBLE
NIGHT TO
HAVE A
CURSE.
Quote by M00NAGEDAYDREAM
Heathens is the worst - it's all chorus!

Heathens really is awful I'll admit
Quote by ElMaco
Does the band actually consist of 21 pilots.,

Pontius Pilate
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Quote by snipelfritz
 Pontius Pilate

He did nothing wrong. Blame the people
WHAT A
HORRIBLE
NIGHT TO
HAVE A
CURSE.
Quote by slipknot5678
based on their three radio hits heathens might be okay but i dont like them much. overall i'm indifferent. I really dont like stressed out.

their music sounds like it was lifted straight out of the mid 2000s (like a bad gorillaz knockoff) and it's weird cause it's not lol. I mean it sounds like it's literally from 2005, not a 2016 act incorporating ideas from that era.

Maybe that's why they steen pretty good to me. 2002-2007 is basically the pinnacle of music to my ears.
Quote by Duaneclapdrix
ugg

I guess I should be happy that an Ohio group went somewhere

but why them

ugg

Black Keys?
Devo?
Nine Inch Nails?

Quote by Pastafarian96
I an evety characyer in this story
All pop music sucks
"It's better to be a warrior in a garden than a gardener in a war"
They're hometown heroes around here. I find them to be bland and uninteresting.

As a friend of mine said:
 21 Pilots is playing 5 sold-out shows in a row in Columbus for the same  reason that we're the premier fast food test market in the country.
If they weren't so popular you'd probably like them more. But yea, I don't hate them but i won't go out of my way to listen to them and since I don't listen to radio anymore I won't listen to them.
21 Pilots
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

Page 1 of 2