Hi. I'm looking to spend max £650 on a amp. I'm looking to play music by bands like, oasis, nirvana, foo fighters, u2, killers, Arctic monkeys, hendrix red hot chilli peppers. so I'm looking for something that sounds good clean and distorted. I would be looking for something i can use at home and max mid size gig that's portable. I have a American strat and Les Paul but currently use a fender Mustang 2 so could do with a upgrade. Was looking at the vox 15 and Marshall dsl40 but not sure if they are suitable or anything better. Would appreciate any advice.
maybe look at some fenders and oranges too. vox should work well (if 15 watts is enough, it might not be), as should the marshall. i think you're more or less on the right track, it's just a matter of finding which you like best, and also which has the best mix of cleans and distortions you like (you're fairly likely to find amps whose cleans you like, but not so much the distortion, and vice-versa, unfortunately ).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
The Egnater Tweaker or Rebel is worth a look, too.
Gear
Highway One Tele (w/Custom Shop 51 Nocaster pickups)
Standard Tele (modded to Nashville specs)
Reverend Roundhouse

Orange Rockerverb 50 MKI
Vox AC4c1
Jet City JCA20H

And pedals!

"Shiva opens her arms now..
...to make sure I don't get too far"
New Orange amps are a bit overpriced in Europe. Fender offers great amps, in my opinion they have the best cleans. You should consider buying a distortion pedal as the Fender amp distortion is not so good. The Fender Hot Rod Deluxe is a great amp with a big bottom end. The Blues Junior is quite thinner sounding but still sounds good and I really like the lacquered tweed blues junior but it is more of a blues amp. The blues junior is the lightest amp to carry by about 7 kg. I have not tried the Bassbreaker but Fender claims that it has a decent gain channel.

The AC15 is a wonderful amp and out of the ones mentioned in this post it has the best speaker. One of the few budget tube amps that comes with a premium speaker. I was about to buy one, but I found it to be a bit of a 1 trick pony. It has a great sound to it but not a lot of different sounds. Also, I prefer it paired with single coils. Instead I bought a Marshall DSL40C. The amp sound really muddy, but it can be fixed later on by simply replacing the speaker. I relapced my seaker with a G12M65 but there are other great options such as V30. The amp offers a lot of gain, and a nice clean channel. For jazz I would prefer the Fender HRD, but it is perfectly fine for rock/pop cleans. 

While personally I perfer Fender HRD, for the style you mentioned I think I would choose the DSL.
Quote by Grawgos
Orange rocker 15 or check out the Jet City Amelia.

maybe the amelia would be too modern-sounding? some of the lower gain jet cities might be worth a look, though (but I haven't tried them... nor the amelia).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
you are on the right path IMO. AC15 and Marshall DSL, line up with what you are looking for from your list of bands.

I would probably go with the DSL though of the two.

I would go with a rocker 30 if you have it in your budget.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by Grawgos
I think this vid demonstrates the versatility of the Amelia. I was pretty impressed by it.

The sparkling, vintage Clean sounds like my Lucky 13's channel 1 (100W head), very nice!

@Dave_Mc, I believe its drive channel will do dinosaur rock just fine.
Quote by Ippon
The sparkling, vintage Clean sounds like my Lucky 13's channel 1 (100W head), very nice!

@Dave_Mc, I believe its drive channel will do dinosaur rock just fine.

It does sound nice doesn't it. I just stumbled upon it on YouTube and I was very impressed.

I'm surprised it's not the new answer to "what amp" questions.
Quote by Grawgos
It does sound nice doesn't it. I just stumbled upon it on YouTube and I was very impressed.

I'm surprised it's not the new answer to "what amp" questions.

Agreed. I'm still waiting for MF to offer it as a Stupid Deal. Instead of the usual JCA50 112 for $300, a discounted Amelia head or combo will be nice!

It's also amazing that there hasn't been any available at GC used so I guess the buyers have been hanging on to this model.

I wonder if this was modeled after the Lucky 13. AcousticMirror, have you seen the schems or tried it?
Quote by Ippon
Agreed. I'm still waiting for MF to offer it as a Stupid Deal. Instead of the usual JCA50 112 for $300, a discounted Amelia head or combo will be nice!

It's also amazing that there hasn't been any available at GC used so I guess the buyers have been hanging on to this model.

I wonder if this was modeled after the Lucky 13. AcousticMirror, have you seen the schems or tried it?

That's that one British amp that went out of business.
I want to say it's a cornford mk50.

The jca50 combo with reverb is a lucky 13
Jumping on dat gear sig train.
PRS Hollowbody II / BKP Warpigs
Strandberg OS6T / BKP Aftermath
Strandberg OS7 / Lace Poopsticks
Skervesen Raptor 7FF / BKP Warpigs
Skervesen Raptor 6 NTB / BKP Juggernauts
Hapas Sludge 7 FF / Hapas Leviathan
Anderson Baritom / Motorcity Nuke BKP Sinner Anderson H2+
Warmoth Baritone / BKP Piledriver
Ibanez Rg2120x / BKP Nailbomb

Blackstar ID:Core Beam
Quote by Ippon

That's that one British amp that went out of business.
I want to say it's a cornford mk50.

The jca50 combo with reverb is a lucky 13

Edit: how do I delete a post now
Jumping on dat gear sig train.
PRS Hollowbody II / BKP Warpigs
Strandberg OS6T / BKP Aftermath
Strandberg OS7 / Lace Poopsticks
Skervesen Raptor 7FF / BKP Warpigs
Skervesen Raptor 6 NTB / BKP Juggernauts
Hapas Sludge 7 FF / Hapas Leviathan
Anderson Baritom / Motorcity Nuke BKP Sinner Anderson H2+
Warmoth Baritone / BKP Piledriver
Ibanez Rg2120x / BKP Nailbomb

Blackstar ID:Core Beam
Last edited by AcousticMirror at Apr 15, 2017,
^ haha i think you click on the post number at the top right and then the option to delete should drop down.

i think word on the net is it's an MK50 MKII (the regular MK50 didn't have the clean channel).

I haven't tried either of them, though
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Excellent choice
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
Quote by cbaggottuk
Hi i went with the vox ac15. Seems good so far

lets see some pictures!
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/