I've been playing guitar for slightly over a year, so I'm still a newb. I'm only just now starting to actually get into it. I'm looking to upgrade my old dean to a fender. I found a "vintage" stratocaster that looks nice, however I'm not sure if it's worth the money or if it's even real. 

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Used/Fender/Vintage-1989-Stratocaster-Electric-Guitar-112930746.gc

Also keep in mind I'm left handed and it's quite hard for me to find nice guitars I actually can play. 
well calling that "vintage" is more than a bit of a stretch.  it's an 89 American Standard which are very nice guitars. late 80s tend to be pretty high quality and often the body and necks were done by guys like John Cruz who is a top builder in the Fender Custom Shop these days. lefties are tougher to find and that price isn't to bad but far from a great deal. i have an 89 Strat Plus Deluxe which is a very nice guitar. 
that strat should have the stock pickups which were some kind of alnico vintage style (not sure if they had a name)  not very different from what they still use. (mine has Lace Sensors in it like all Plus models did) as far as staggering that wouldn't change just because it's left handed . leftie's are mirrored but not really any different per se than a rightie. 
Tony Done  not sure about that but i'm thinking not at least for vintage models. by the late 80s maybe . can't say i've ever looked into that despite actually being a leftie. leftie guitars were really rare when i started to play so i ended up learning to play rightie (after a year of flipped righties) . 
Quote by Tony Done
monwobobbo

Was there such a thing as left-handed vintage stagger?

Yes. 

It usually appeared during a clockwise pub crawl, just before the eleventh and twelfth stops. Our bass player was an absolute expert at it. 
Last edited by dspellman at Apr 15, 2017,
Quote by voobo420

Also keep in mind I'm left handed and it's quite hard for me to find nice guitars I actually can play. 

Lots of left-handed guitarists who play righty. Saves on whines like this ^^^. 
Fact is, we don't know if you can "actually play" with either hand. 

But if you insist on doing things wrong-handed, you might check out Rondo Music dot com, which has a rather annoying lot of left-handed guitars, and places like https://www.southpawguitars.com/ and davesguitar.com/products/type/left-handed-guitars/  both of which employ cross-eyed employees who wear the little access thing in their underwear pointing the wrong way. 
Quote by Tony Done
dspellman

Ah, a nostalgia hit there, but we generally go anticlockwise here in the southern hemisphere.

Which is why Strine girls like guys from the USA for a change of pace. 
monwobobbo When you played flipped right handed guitar, did you play it upside down or restring it? I've been considering getting a right handed jazzmaster and modding it to a left handed like Hendrix did.
Quote by voobo420
monwobobbo When you played flipped right handed guitar, did you play it upside down or restring it? I've been considering getting a right handed jazzmaster and modding it to a left handed like Hendrix did.

i restrung them.  it was a pain in the ass. 
monwobobbo 

Oh, I don't think it is that bad. Mostly a new nut and resetting the intonation and bridge height. The intonation change might involve woodwork on an angled Gibson-style ToM, but should be easy enough on a Jazzmaster. Don't know about playability with a reversed guitar though, but Jimi seemed to manage OK.
Quote by Tony Done
monwobobbo

Oh, I don't think it is that bad. Mostly a new nut and resetting the intonation and bridge height. The intonation change might involve woodwork on an angled Gibson-style ToM, but should be easy enough on a Jazzmaster. Don't know about playability with a reversed guitar though, but Jimi seemed to manage OK.

well we're talking late 70s for me. at that time i knew nothing aobut guitar setups and a friend mentioned flipping the nut.  we're also talking no name japanese POS guitar. playing with the controls on top was a pain. it was inconvenient enough tht iafter a little over a year of playing i started from scratch playing rightie