Page 1 of 2
Do you wait for the lane closest to you to be clear or do you wait for both lanes to be clear before you turn onto it?

Example: 4 Lane road, 2 one way, 2 the other. You're pulling out of a parking lot and turning right (in North America, Left in everywhere else). Do you wait for both lanes to be clear before you turn onto the road, or are you fine with turning if only the lane closest to you is clear?

I know it's fine to turn if the lane closest is clear but I always feel like the further lane guys will change lanes or some shit and smash into me. I usually wait for both lanes to be clear, unless it's a super busy road in which case you have no choice.
Quote by MetalGS3SE
This is the best idea I have ever heard. Ever.

Naedauuf for president people.

ive only been driving for a month and half and the number of people ive seen just kind of do whatever the fuck they want has long surpassed the amount digits i have to count them with

ideally ill just wait until its clear. it probably wont be that much of a wait and if the person behind me gets mad then lmao tough shit not my problem
Depends on traffic, if its not 2 bad then i wait for both lanes to clear, otherwise if its busy you take whatever gap you can get.

Technically i think its illegal here because the car coming on the inside lane has right of way, i.e. should be clear to change lanes without you obstructing them, but i doubt itd ever be enforced like that.
Quote by Mr E Meat
this is your brain

this is your brain on RT

Quote by Standard_A440
Given that you reside in the shade of the natural light of reason, I will defer doing your homework to you.
Quote by Pizzafan
Try to drive in front of the car that is coming to your left.
lay on the horn when you do it too
Quote by mattedbird
lay on the horn when you do it too

Scream allah out your window for kicks
wait for it to be clear, is there any other way?
maybe if you're a risk taker
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

something something will lane
There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Quote by Joshua Garcia
something something will lane

the will lane is the one to the right of the slow lane
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Surely Will Lane is the slow Lane?

In your sorry excuse for a country the will lane would be to the left of the slow lane. Does that clarify things?
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
it goes fast lane, slow lane, will lane
I was trying to imply that he is slower than the slow lane.
The implication is that Will Lane will forever be the butt of all jokes.

My phone autocorrected butt to Hutt in that sentence. I'm not sure why it would feel the need to do that though. Makes you think.
anyone who changes lanes into someone pulling out of a parking lot is a dick or a retard
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
Personally, I'd tak first exit, first exit, and take a detour around. Even if it's 50 miles.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Quote by naedauuf
(in North America, Left in everywhere else).
there are way more countries that drive on the right than on the left
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 
As has been said, depends on traffic. Here in NC its almost required that you be frothing at the mouth while driving to get anywhere in a major metro area. The combination of imported drivers from the north and bumpkins who have moved into town makes for a stew of fuckery.
I'm just a kickin' and a gougin' in the mud and the blood and the beer.
I wait until the right lane of cross traffic is clear and turn into it then merge left if required. If everyone is obeying traffic laws this works awesome.

Now if I'm in contact cincinnati where there is no law I just try and wait for a light. If that doesn't work, I launch into the intersection like a man hoping to scare someone to slowing down.
I only go when I have a good opening to get in without getting creamed. I learned some pretty aggressive driving skills in my time on the LA Freeways. 
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Surely Will Lane is the slow Lane?

You haven't met the rest of his family, have you? 
Quote by dementiacaptain
As has been said, depends on traffic.  Here in NC its almost required that you be frothing at the mouth while driving to get anywhere in a major metro area.  

Here in SoCal, frothery usually just means you're brushing your teeth on the way into work. 

We deal with people putting on makeup, having sex, eating fast food, changing their kids' diapers (kids are in the back seat facing the opposite direction in a baby container, thus the problem with that), talking on the phone, sleeping, drinking, shopping QVC (on the nav screens) or loading weapons. 

Often two or more of those at once. 

I've come upon SUVs with (I swear) entire soccer leagues inside, and recently one had a sign on the back that said, "Cake onboard. Sorry" as it puttered along at about 30 mph. I've long suspected that was the case with other drivers who simply neglected to attach the sign. 

We're often dealing with moms driving three-ton SUVs packed with kids at speeds Andretti would blanch at, and if they're driving a Dodge, you can count on seeing it on its head in a few miles, gear strewn all over the median strip, kids dangling wideyed in their seat belts, a jackknifed big rig with still smoking skid marks leading up to the overturned Durango. Just another day in Paradise. 
dspellman

Sounds like what I have experienced when I'm in LA

Nothing on Phili though. Meanest drivers I've experienced, bar none
I'm just a kickin' and a gougin' in the mud and the blood and the beer.
Usually wait until it's clear in both lanes because otherwise it's basically playing MD roulette with these fucking retards

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Floor it
Eat your pheasant
Drink your wine
Your days are numbered, bourgeois swine!
Quote by WaterGod
The Autobahn was created by Hitler

The freeway system was, in part, created so that planes could land on it. 
Quote by dementiacaptain
dspellman

Sounds like what I have experienced when I'm in LA

Nothing on Phili though.  Meanest drivers I've experienced, bar none

In Philli they will drive through your apartment if they think it's a short cut. 
Quote by soundgarden1986
You deserve to have your apartment driven through if you spell it philli

Page 1 of 2