So I bought a guitar recently that needs a bit of work done, although it needed more than what I thought. The neck was up bowed/warped, bent forwards. So I went to take a look at the truss rod to find out it was just a screw with a bolt on it that looked like the top of a truss rod... what can I do to fix this? How can I check if there's even a truss rod in the neck?
If there's even a truss rod clover to remove in the first place, then there has to be a truss rod there. Otherwise it wouldn't be called a truss rod cover.

What kind of tool do you need to adjust the truss rod? A hex allen wrench is by far the most common.

Read this article if you need to know how to adjust the truss rod properly.

Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou

Quote by Axelfox