Page 1 of 2
if he transported me into the superior 2D realm.
thats whjat i assume will happen to me after i die anyways so
Quote by SGstriker
If KFC is finger-licking good, then people would probably suck dicks for Popeyes. That's how good it is.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
About 3.5 grams of psilocybin cubensis for the first true believing. Though a few other events sober as well.
Quote by Will Lane
oh no.

"The Ark in the Bible is made from a hallucinogenic plant. When you get this material and grind it, then add it to hot water, you will observe the trope of turning water into wine,

anybody can turn water into wine, you just need finely shredded acacia root bark"
My main criticism of God is the concept of "hell". How can Jesus send an otherwise good person who lived a life full of good deeds into eternal torture simply for not accepting him? I'm not exactly accepted by the masses myself, I'm chewed up and spit out by many but the difference is, I don't expect/want these people to be in eternal agony for the rest of their existence. THAT'S my beef with God. Hell is an immature and childish concept. If I can get over the fact that people don't like me, a merciful and forgiving God should be able to get over that too.
Some see the glass half full, others see the glass half empty. Me? I see that the glass is refillable.
Quote by NewDayHappy
My main criticism of God is the concept of "hell". How can Jesus send an otherwise good person who lived a life full of good deeds into eternal torture simply for not accepting him? I'm not exactly accepted by the masses myself, I'm chewed up and spit out by many but the difference is, I don't expect/want these people to be in eternal agony for the rest of their existence. THAT'S my beef with God. Hell is an immature and childish concept. If I can get over the fact that people don't like me, a merciful and forgiving God should be able to get over that too.

I havent got to the new testament yet but it sounds like a fucking joke.. I can almost handle a metaphorical spreading of water but now im going to have to read about jesus sending people to hell? shit
Quote by Pizzafan
I havent got to the new testament yet but it sounds like a fucking joke.. I can almost handle a metaphorical spreading of water but now im going to have to read about jesus sending people to hell? shit

I believe in Jesus but I am hoping that the Bible has been corrupted at some point in time because I just cannot move past some of the scripture in there.
Some see the glass half full, others see the glass half empty. Me? I see that the glass is refillable.
Quote by NewDayHappy

Jesus doesn't send people to hell. Everyone is already destined to go to hell, though the concept of lakes of fire and brimstone might be hyperbole. Jesus redeems (saves) everyone who accepts the salvation. Satan is responsible for punishment, God is all about mercy, forgiveness, and redemption. If you reject that salvation, then you've volunteered for hell. 

The biggest problem facing Christianity is that too many people don't really understand Christian theology. They have mistaken ideas of what Christianity is all about, then they reject those erroneous ideas. 
Quote by gerdner
Jesus doesn't send people to hell. Everyone is already destined to go to hell, though the concept of lakes of fire and brimstone might be hyperbole. Jesus redeems (saves) everyone who accepts the salvation. Satan is responsible for punishment, God is all about mercy, forgiveness, and redemption. If you reject that salvation, then you've volunteered for hell. 

The biggest problem facing Christianity is that too many people don't really understand Christian theology. They have mistaken ideas of what Christianity is all about, then they reject those erroneous ideas. 

It just seems so fucked up to me. There are literally 26,000 sects of Christianity along with dozen other religions to choose from. Yet if you somehow don't pick Christianity as your religion, you're destined for fire and brimstone. I've known many good people who did not believe in God, yet they are destined for eternal torture because they didn't believe in Christ. That's so backwards. Enough of the scare tactics and manipulation. Getting me to worship a God strictly through fear is a pretty pathetic sales pitch. Is that what God wants? Does he want to scare us into believing him?
Quote by Joshua Garcia
if he transported me into the superior 2D realm.
thats whjat i assume will happen to me after i die anyways so
i call our world flatland, not because we ca
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
God is whatever must happen next. Belief/non-belief doesn't matter, the wheel keeps spinning.
В словах есть что-то неприличное.
if I didn't blow my head gasket the other day when my radiator hose blew

I'm doing the steps
Quote by Pizzafan
This is nice enough, but the world can be dark sometimes and then where do we turn?

You face it. You feel it. Most things are not around to provide comfort, especially people and their ideas.

Quote by Pizzafan
Are we in the center of the wheel or a part of it?

I'm not getting pataphysical with this.

Quote by Pizzafan
Made a song for this thread, because I am a song whore.

Already been done:

В словах есть что-то неприличное.
To acknowledge God's existence would require it to make itself known, and to pass tests. But I'm the Bible, we are told by Jesus not to test the Lord. Convenient.

For me to believe in God, the above has to happen, and then God will have to denounce all of the immoral shit it's ever done, and recognise that it's place is in our service.
First it would need to be coherent. As it is, I do not believe that, when somebody speaks of "god", they are really saying much of anything - it refers to nothing that has material or conceptual coherence outside of a simple trope enforced by culture (I'm not sure if I qualify as a noncognitivist or an ignosticist, probably the latter). Up until such an entity is demarcated, what we are dealing with is a fanfiction-like standin for people's beliefs or preferences, as derived from the bible and the various cultural sources of Christian mythology in addition to whatever the cultural norm is at the time.

Second it would need to actually manifest itself in some falsifiable or in the least evidentiary form that transcends circumstance or witness testimony. That would grant me belief in its existence.

Third, on the faith-believe level, it would need to be able to evidence its own claim to this conceptual godhood. This is the hardest one - one might be a creator of all existence, but logically, there is no argument that actually justifies the ideas that separate this vague concept of an almighty, omnipotent, omniscient or otherwise "divine" entity - all of the assertions presented thus far fail on a rational and critical level (there is the argument that it transcends reason but this is mostly made by people who are unable to reason).

Finally, if it were able to assert its all powerfulness, it would need to be able to justify why I should follow it or recognise its divinity in a way different to the circular reasonings that have been used historically. Then, I would believe in it.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
Last edited by Banjocal at Apr 16, 2017,
We established in the thread about legalizing murder that I'm God so we're all good here.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by theogonia777
We established in the thread about legalizing murder that I'm God so we're all good here.
Also this. Please vore me, great almighty
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Quote by Deliriumbassist
God cannot be a woman. It's un-Republican

Non-believers will be punished in due time. Just wait and see.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Just throwing this out there.

The God of the Old Testament has got to be the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it, petty, vindictive, unjust, unforgiving, an ethnic cleanser urging his people on to acts of genocide

To answer the question though, I don't think the role of "a creator" is beyond the realms of possibility, for me to believe/accept it as true I would need to either see it for myself, or see an objective scientific test that irrefutably proves that a "god" exists.

At this point I don't think anything could convince me that the Christian perception of God as depicted in the Bible actually exists.
Quote by Fat Lard
About 3.5 grams of psilocybin cubensis for the first true believing. Though a few other events sober as well.

ye. so i'm an atheist, but this one day i did a suffiecient amount of LSD so that the earth said that he loves me. i started becoming much more *spiritual* (whatever that may or may not imply) and now i believe in a unifying forcefield of life which is intertwined and connected from the very small to the very large.. if you can call that God then i believe that shit now. so ye, LSD
"I specialize in driving a set like I'm driving a Lexus" - Uncle Mez
I spend a decent amount of time in forests and I can enjoy it for itself. You're not really referring to anything mate, you're just creating these mystical arguments where "X is everything" - in a discussion of language that's kind of meh. Buddhists can get away with it (sometimes) but for totally different reasons.

Honestly, if you subscribe to secularised Christian moralism (which myself, Will and a few others have spoken about before) that's pretty cool, the parts that aren't life-hating are pretty good guide to living a decent, friendly and kind existence. But it's not the same thing at all.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Quote by Random3
Just throwing this out there.

Looks like I picked the wrong week to stop smoking.
Quote by Banjocal
I spend a decent amount of time in forests and I can enjoy it for itself. You're not really referring to anything mate, you're just creating these mystical arguments where "X is everything" - in a discussion of language that's kind of meh. Buddhists can get away with it (sometimes) but for totally different reasons.

Honestly, if you subscribe to secularised Christian moralism (which myself, Will and a few others have spoken about before) that's pretty cool, the parts that aren't life-hating are pretty good guide to living a decent, friendly and kind existence. But it's not the same thing at all.

Not sure how id change my language or the tone of it. I could cut off a finger and it might change. I guess I am giving a long winded talk about "X" or "God" being the basis of everything.
Last edited by Pizzafan at Apr 16, 2017,
Eh, I find Buddhism more convincing for the sorts of ideas you're entertaining. If it weren't for the reincarnation jazz I'd probably seriously consider soto zen.

Not to say you're wrong of course, I'm probably writing a bit aggressively. I'm just not convinced about how "we" speak about these things
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Quote by NewDayHappy
It just seems so fucked up to me. There are literally 26,000 sects of Christianity along with dozen other religions to choose from. Yet if you somehow don't pick Christianity as your religion, you're destined for fire and brimstone. I've known many good people who did not believe in God, yet they are destined for eternal torture because they didn't believe in Christ. That's so backwards. Enough of the scare tactics and manipulation. Getting me to worship a God strictly through fear is a pretty pathetic sales pitch. Is that what God wants? Does he want to scare us into believing him?

God didn't invent all the different sects of Christianity, man did. God doesn't want to scare people into believing in Him, but unscrupulous men want to scare people into believing that they have to join, and support, the unscrupulous person's church. 
Quote by gerdner
God didn't invent all the different sects of Christianity, man did. God doesn't want to scare people into believing in Him, but unscrupulous men want to scare people into believing that they have to join, and support, the unscrupulous person's church. 

So why doesn't God smite the fuck out of them?
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Quote by slapsymcdougal
So why doesn't God smite the fuck out of them?

Because I don't have time to micromanage all of your lives since that would take away from me time.
Quote by theogonia777
Because I don't have time to micromanage all of your lives since that would take away from me time.

But you're God. Surely time is a pretty trivial thing to an omnipotent, omnipresent deity.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Quote by slapsymcdougal
But you're God. Surely time is a pretty trivial thing to an omnipotent, omnipresent deity.

Just because I can do everything doesn't mean I want to. I have better uses of my infinite time.
Quote by theogonia777
Just because I can do everything doesn't mean I want to.  I have better uses of my infinite time.

But it's infinite, so you can do everything and still have an endless amount of time with nothing to do.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Quote by slapsymcdougal
But it's infinite, so you can do everything and still have an endless amount of time with nothing to do.

That means I have to spend millions of years to fix everyone's problems before I can do what I want to do. Humans are just not that high on my list of priorities. It's all complicated god stuff that you just don't understand.
Quote by Pizzafan
Would infinite imply that there is no beginning? 

Yes
No
Maybe
Etc

It makes no difference to a being with infinite power.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Quote by slapsymcdougal
Yes
No
Maybe
Etc

It makes no difference to a being with infinite power.

But you didn't count on the fact that I'm omniapathetic and omniself-centered.
Quote by theogonia777
But you didn't count on the fact that I'm omniapathetic and omniself-centered.

TBF, that does explain a whole lot.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Page 1 of 2