I am starting a new music project. The genre is hardcore/rock. I have several questions for you musicians and would love any advice you can offer.

Background:
I have always wanted to have a steady band but everyone in my area is always super flaky and nothing ever works out. I decided I would go the solo route, but often found myself dissatisfied with the musical compositions I would create. I ended up finding a musician on YouTube (channel name: Finish The Song) who creates music for vocalists to write to. I reached out to him and he was very open to starting a collaborative project. Thing is... I live in the US and he lives in the U.K. Thanks to the internet (it's amazing isn't it?) we can still create songs! He can compose, mix, and master. In essence I just send him a vocal track and he does a majority of the leg work. He has been in a pretty successful band and has a lot of experience under his belt. We plan to put out an EP and I could see this relationship creating more works in the future.

Questions:
With the internet we can create as much as we want, which is great because I just love making songs, however playing live is going to be impossible.
1. What do you think of playing shows solo and somewhat emulate the set up of a rapper? (Have someone run backing tracks as a DJ and I sing vocals) I know that I could get a stand in band but like I said I have trouble finding dedicated musicians.

2. If I don't play live shows what is a good way to still connect with fans?

3. Can you offer any other advice for this type of project? I know it's been done before but it's not as common.

Final Thoughts:
Thanks for reading! I know it was kind of long. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm excited to start creating some music.
1. For rock music? I don't see how that would work. No one really wants to see a rock, or especially a hardcore punk vocalist performing live to a backing track. Hip-hop works that way because you already have a high-production value backing track and all of the focus is on the vocals, in rock music the instruments often require a lot of attention. which they won't get if they don't exist. No one is interested in hearing a guitar solo or an epic drum fill from tape.

2. Social media probably.

3. The problem with rock projects over the internet is that having a band is pretty important for the image of the genre. Hip-hop or electronic music or pop would probably work like that just fine, but I wouldn't be surprised if an "internet rock band" would sound wrong to a lot of people. So what I'm saying is that don't take it too seriously and just have fun. If you just want to create music this seems like a great way to do so.
Quote by Jet Penguin
Theory: Not rules, just tools.

Quote by Hail
*note that by fan i mean that guy who wants his friends to know he knows this totally obscure hip band that only he knows about with 236 views on youtube. lookin' at Kev here
You are right it's been done . Someone playing tracks while you sing is done every week in thousands of places. It's called Karaoke. I'm not being a smart ass, that's what it sounds like. I agree with Kev and I personally can't think of any place in my neck of the woods where you could do this in front of an audience.  You could post a few YouTube videos and hope to build an audience, of course now we are taking video production too. I think an audience for what you described in a live situation is limited to few and none. Just my opinion.
Yes I am guitarded also, nice to meet you.
Last edited by Rickholly74 at Apr 17, 2017,
Rickholly74 I agree, it reminds me of karaoke as well. I'm just trying to think of some way to play a live gig (if I even wanted to). My best bet probably would be to try and get a fill-in band.

I appreciate the input, that's why I asked. I'm hesitant of the set up I mentioned also. It's definitely not what I would want if I had my choice.
Celebraden Also, what I meant by "it's been done before" was regarding two musicians who were in different cities entirely working on a common project using the internet to send tracks back and forth
You are right I thought you meant something about the performing. actually I have been working in a similar way for many years. I create midi files for writing, recording and use as extra backing instruments when my band plays gigs. It supplements our live sound (bass, guitar, drums and vocals). I will create a midi file with the basics usually piano, drums, bass, then send it to a former partner who lives about 500 miles away and he will add any horn or string ideas he has and send it back. If I want a better piano part (which is often) I have another friend who plays great piano and he puts down a piano track and emails back the results. It's a great way of working. If I am using that midi file live, I remove whatever instruments we are playing live and leave the others to round out our live sound. It doesn't leave any room for extending the arrangements but we are a very structured band and not a jam band anyway.
Yes I am guitarded also, nice to meet you.
Last edited by Rickholly74 at Apr 17, 2017,