I'm new to guitar, played off and on for a few years. Been following Justin guitars program at a snails place in-between school and work. Anyhow there is this song I wanna learn and I can't figure out what the pattern is for Amin and c to g7.

If anyone's bored enough to help me it would be appreciated.

He's strumming 16ths all the time but puts an emphasis on certain notes. Something like this:

1 e & a 2 e & a 3 e & a 4 e & a
X     x     X       x   X

X = stronger accent, x = lighter accent
Quote by AlanHB
Just remember that there are no boring scales, just boring players.

Gear

Bach Stradivarius 37G
Charvel So Cal
Fender Dimension Bass
Hartke HyDrive 210c
Ibanez BL70
Laney VC30
Tokai TB48
Yamaha FG720S-12
Yamaha P115
Quote by MaggaraMarine
He's strumming 16ths all the time but puts an emphasis on certain notes. Something like this:

X x X x X

X = stronger accent, x = lighter accent

Thx bro for the reply what do u mean by e & a? I guess u mean the top two strings? I Also wondering about the" up down" pattern. I think it's DdD UU D for Amin part specifically. The first three strums is what I'm trying to figure out. I can't get it to sound like the record or the tutorials. Too bad none of them explain the strumming
Last edited by girn26 at Apr 16, 2017,
Quote by girn26
Thx bro for the reply what do u mean by e & a? I guess u mean the top two strings? I Also wondering about the" up down" pattern. I think it's DdD UU D for Amin part specifically. The first three strums is what I'm trying to figure out. I can't get it to sound like the record or the tutorials. Too bad none of them explain the strumming

I'm not talking about strings. The 1 e & a, etc stuff is to show the beats and subdivisions. You should constantly play down and up in 16ths (alternate picking) and just put an emphasis on certain notes.

X     x     X       x   X

So, play a stronger accent on the first beat.
Play a lighter accent on the 4th 16th note of the first beat (or the "a of one").
Play a stronger accent on the 2nd 8th of the 2nd beat (or the "and of two").
Play a lighter accent on the 2nd 8th of the 3rd beat (or the "and of three").
Play a stronger accent on the fourth beat.
Quote by AlanHB
Just remember that there are no boring scales, just boring players.

Gear

Bach Stradivarius 37G
Charvel So Cal
Fender Dimension Bass
Hartke HyDrive 210c
Ibanez BL70
Laney VC30
Tokai TB48
Yamaha FG720S-12
Yamaha P115