Anyone enjoy the 80's "metal" ?? Queensryche, Savatage, Crimson Glory, Armored Saint, etc etc etc,  and the AoR stuff ??
It's always threads about chuga chugga this and chugga chugga that, we've forgotten the oldies, or maybe I'm getting old...
I put a dollar in a change machine. Nothing changed.
Look, I know you used to be a reg on this forum. The Sword of Omens gave me visions of your avatar. Are you gonna stick around? I ask because well 1. I post almost exclusively about this kind of metal and 2. we could really use some more posters around here. If you want to reminisce about the old days, then reminisce about the classic days of online message boards and take a break from Facebook.
Who are you? The prince of darkness? Don't you have any friends?

Oldies are the best. My mentality is to praise the oldies while giving honest appraisal to the newcomers.

I prefer this place as an echo chamber.
80's metal includes thrash, remember?  Going to see Testament this month after a long time since the last show I caught in '97.
Quote by Kytokinesis
 Look, I know you used to be a reg on this forum. The Sword of Omens gave me visions of your avatar. Are you gonna stick around? I ask because well 1. I post almost exclusively about this kind of metal and 2. we could really use some more posters around here. If you want to reminisce about the old days, then reminisce about the classic days of online message boards and take a break from Facebook.

Yes, I'll try and stick around ! The posting however may not be that frequent but I'll try :P 
Quote by jeffrey.binns
80's metal includes thrash, remember?  Going to see Testament this month after a long time since the last show I caught in '97.

Damn, I've had opportunities to see 'em live but I couldn't, my friends told me the best ! I've no idea if  Skolnick  is still a member or he left to tour with Trans Siberian orchestra or what !
Quote by severed-metal
Oldies are the best. My mentality is to praise the oldies while giving honest appraisal to the newcomers.

I prefer this place as an echo chamber.

Yes that's my mentality as well.. There are amazing new musicians and bands but I grew up listening to the oldies and they're seared into my brain.. No matter the mood some 80's metal regardless the sub genre always makes me happy !
I put a dollar in a change machine. Nothing changed.