Hello everyone, I have a brand new '16 Standard MIM Strat and I spotted some sort of "bubbling" of the finish where the neck meets the body (on the side of neck heel?), it's slightly raised (it's kind of hard to see on the photo).

So... is there any reason to be concerned about this? Can this get worse over time, like can the bubbles crack and ruin the finish or something? Is it possible to repair without refinishing the whole body? The guitar itself plays like a dream and stays in tune, so I don't want to replace/return it...

It depends on if it's a bubble on an imprefection in the wood. If it's a bubble it can crack with time and flake. Some people this really sets off. Some enjoy their uniquely work guitar. I personally would have a stroke if the finish on my guitars cracked.
Quote by timchooo
So... is there any reason to be concerned about this?
Generally, no.

Quote by timchooo
Can this get worse over time, like can the bubbles crack and ruin the finish or something?
It's very unlikely - poly finishes are tough and that part is not going to be subject to significant wear-and-tear.

Quote by timchooo
Is it possible to repair without refinishing the whole body?
Repair, no. Hide, maybe.

Quote by timchooo
The guitar itself plays like a dream and stays in tune, so I don't want to replace/return it...
I would say keep it and don't worry about it.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 
Haha! Already have two mother fucking chips out of my 2016 American Standard Strat, it gives it character. Be proud! Beat that shit up bro, it deserves to be played.
See if the store will give you a discount for keeping the guitar instead of returning it.
Guitars:
Jackson Kelly KE3 - MIJ (Distortion/Jazz)
Jackson DKMGT Dinky (EMG 81/85)
ESP E-II Eclipse Custom (JB/'59)
ESP LTD EC-1001FR (EMG 81/60)
Fender MIM Strat

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster 212
Laney IronHeart IRT-Studio
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver Amp Sims
TOOOO many T.C. Electronic Pedals. . .
Ippon what do you think caused that? it almost looks to me as the thick poly finish was still sorta wet and shifted when the neck was tightened on to the body? weird.

timchooo it's just a finish flaw. if it is within 30 days of purchase you could exchange it for another that may or may not play as well, feel as nice etc. if you like the guitar, just keep it and love it is my thought.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by NewDayHappy
Haha! Already have two mother fucking chips out of my 2016 American Standard Strat, it gives it character. Be proud! Beat that shit up bro, it deserves to be played.

Relic much?

Dents and dings can add character personally I try to avoid them I have several guitars 10/15/20 years old with no chips also an 1987 Kramer and 1989 Charvel with no chips or major dings I don't gig so that helps.
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

Quote by gregs1020
Ippon what do you think caused that?  it almost looks to me as the thick poly finish was still sorta wet and shifted when the neck was tightened on to the body?  weird.

timchooo it's just a finish flaw.  if it is within 30 days of purchase you could exchange it for another that may or may not play as well, feel as nice etc.  if you like the guitar, just keep it and love it is my thought.

The clear finish was probably done late Friday and applied a bit thick. Maybe they started the tequila shots early, yea?

I'd leave it alone since it plays nice as is.