What do you guys think about an virtual band? I mean a band which makes its music remotely without actually being together in one room?

Do you think thats its good or bad idea to be in such a band?
This is kind of a shallow question. I mean, do you think it's a good idea? I haven't tried it but if it's fun why would there be anything wrong with it?
Quote by Jet Penguin
Theory: Not rules, just tools.

Quote by Hail
*note that by fan i mean that guy who wants his friends to know he knows this totally obscure hip band that only he knows about with 236 views on youtube. lookin' at Kev here
Aside from a certain amount of potential for a group learning experience, this is not a band.  It can benefit those who do it, but it is definitely not a band.

You're only in a band if you get out there and play in front of people, anything less is just a jam session.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Quote by hronpav
What do you guys think about an virtual band? I mean a band which makes its music remotely without actually being together in one room?

Do you think thats its good or bad idea to be in such a band?

Are you talking about remotely located musicians starting a project without getting together, or about musicians who've known each other for a long time laying down tracks for a project separately? Or about the somewhat common practice of famous musicians getting their friends to lay down contribution tracks as guest artists on recording projects? 

I can't see a bunch of strangers who encounter each other through a place like the UG forum putting together something worth listening to remotely becoming a viable "virtual band". I can see someone like Paul McCartney or Elton John putting together a recording project with many or even all the other parts laid down in separate locations. I don't know that the a solo artist using a virtual session band counts as a "virtual" band, unless most of the session players are also on the touring band. 
Not sure what are you actually meaning, but there are a lot of bands with members that never meet together IRL, like a atmospheric black metal band called Breeze, members are from Argentina, Chile and Mexico, they made an album but never meet in person.

And yeah, those things are cool ideas, making a band with a member from distant places can be very enjoyable and a great alternative to making an actual band with other local musicians, in my city I'm not actually able to find many good musicians to start a band but I surely could find something very interesing if I check out some forums, that's the way how some bands are formed.

And recording is not that hard, everyone records in their place, they get all the tracks done and someone do the mixing, editing and mastering, usually the band members themselves, but sometimes the recording equipment used by each band member can differ in quality, probably making an instrument sound in less quality than the rest.
How does this thing Works ??!?!