I'm excited. Story goes: I was working some overtime about 5 years ago and decided it was time to get a new amp. Went with tube, and somehow ended up with a Tweaker 15. I was digging the custom voicings and tonal options. Ended up wanting a little more gain and some better metal tones. Long story short, I got tired of trying OD and Distortion pedals of all kinds to try and zero in on something around Metallica and Anthrax type stuff. 
Decided the amp had to go. Put it up for sale on CL, not an hour later I get an email. guy wants to trade his B-52 AT-212. Um, ok. We do it, and I couldn't be happier. 

Still working on dialing it in,but I'm really happy so far. He was short a couple pre amp tubes, but I had spares left, so no big deal. She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts. 
Thinking I'm going to recover it. Maybe some ignorant red Tolex or something. 
(Invalid img)
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0ByVi6FBTJc2JLXdFNUpfMml5R0NaV0szSHJRbTVFTXF1QnhB
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0ByVi6FBTJc2JT25uZzZiNWJHUnRpTi1rbXJhUzRWclVsalhVhttps://drive.google.com/open?id=0ByVi6FBTJc2Jczd1eG8yRFp2VlZmQ0JpeFA5ck9EZy1SR0Iw
Harmony: Stratocaster
Alvarez: F-200
Schecter: Omen 6
Fender: BXR-60
Dean: Metalman Z Bass (Betty)
Egnator: Tweaker 15
Pearl: Maximum
ESP/LTD: EXP-300
Custom: Harley Quinn Bass
Custom: TK-421 Explorer
A steadily growing supply of pedals
Wait, B-52? 

You should give us an address to send condolence cards and flowers. 
I played the head version of this ryanbwags. Pretty cool amp. Especially for the money. Not sure what dspellman has against it - but I've been known to read people wrong or not be in on a joke

Some tube rolling and an EQ in the loop can do wonders too.

Have fun

311ZOSOVHJH Dspellman is cool. He's just opinionated. 
And I've got an eq in line already. It does make a difference. I've also heard a good OD will tighten it up a ton.
congrats!

but i have to ask, what pedals did you try with the tweaker? just curious because i thought it could do a fair enough early metallica on it's own.
gregs1020 I went through a metal muff, couple other distortions, most recently, a scott Ian black 13, vintage overdrive, an OD-1, couple different clean boosts, nothing was getting me where i wanted to be. Close, but not quite enough. I wasn't happy where the amp was getting me on it's own. the distortions all sounded fake, and the OD pedals weren't sounding just right. 
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
I played the head version of this ryanbwags.   Pretty cool amp.  Especially for the money.   Not sure what dspellman has against it - but I've been known to read people wrong or not be in on a joke

Vas mostly choke. B52s have gotten a bad rap (and probably not, most of it, in error), but I've certainly made do with less. 

A couple of alternatives to Tolex (unless you're committed to a particularly vivid version of leopard-skin-tolex-look) are Acrytech's Duratex, a textured, rubberized paint that can be applied with a small roller (they'll sell you a roller and a bag -- no seriously -- of the stuff for about $20-25) and LineX. You can get Duratex in nearly any color, it's a lot more durable than Tolex, it won't rip and peel off the surface, it's easier to repair if it gets dinged/scratched/scraped, and it's the coating of choice for most current professional audio gear.  

LineX is available from specific dealers (yellow pages stuff), is applied hot, is available in a number of colors, is unbelievably tough (the military uses it for anti-explosive and anti-spalling protection) and can be repaired should something really brutal happen. It's been used as a pickup truck bed liner for years, but custom car builders are using it as an exterior "paint" and there's a new version of it out there specifically for that purpose. Watch West Coast Customs and you'll find they're hosing all of their off-road-type custom cars with it. It, too, is textured and looks a bit like Tolex. 
dspellman Sweet. I'm not sold on tolex or anything. I would love to try something new here. I'll look at that stuff.