Hi all,

I am considering buying a second hand electric but have reservations due to a photo of the pickups. It appears as though one side of the pickup has fallen into the guitar cavity... I questioned the seller and he lowered the price but also stated that doesn't seem to make a difference to the sound. 

Please see the image attached. Is this pickup going to be a major issue or likely an easy fix?? (photo is focussed on bridge pickup but it's the neck pickup I am concerned about)

Cheers!
Last edited by kiwi_bobster at Apr 19, 2017,
Nothing's broken (or at least, not necessarily). That's what happens when you lower the pickup too much and the mounting bracket falls off the end of the adjustment screw. Unscrew the mounting ring, thread the screw again, good as new. It'll be obvious what happened once you get the pickup out. 

There's a small chance that the bracket is actually snapped off under there, but it's unlikely. Worst case, slap a GFS in there and have a better pickup for $40. 
Quote by Roc8995
Nothing's broken (or at least, not necessarily). That's what happens when you lower the pickup too much and the mounting bracket falls off the end of the adjustment screw. Unscrew the mounting ring, thread the screw again, good as new. It'll be obvious what happened once you get the pickup out. 

There's a small chance that the bracket is actually snapped off under there, but it's unlikely. Worst case, slap a GFS in there and have a better pickup for $40. 

Your initial suggestion is exactly what I was hoping, but as I've never had a look at the insides of an electric I wasn't sure of the possibilities. 

Many thanks for confirming!