Yesterday, walking to work, I walked past a street muscian playing electric guitar. He played this Hendrixy tune, but slower, more bluesy (Clapton?). Made me realize I wanna learn at least one song like that. Some pentatonic-y pattern-song I could pull out from time (also a nice way to learn the scales). With lots of hammers on and bells and whistles.

Anyone know of one that's not to hard to lean - but not too beginner either?
Hey Joe is a perfect tune ..Hendrix "blues" it to pieces...you can play with each chord or just play over the entire progression (circle of fifths)..his solo is a gold mine of blues licks..it opens with a slide and has hammers all over the place .. his use of subtle chords is a rhythmic wonderland..(Im sure the original was overdubbed)

listen very carefully to the tune..there is a lot going on..
play well

wolf
Last edited by wolflen at Apr 21, 2017,
Quote by wolflen
Hey Joe is a perfect tune ..Hendrix "blues" it to pieces...you can play with each chord or just play over the entire progression (circle of fifths)..his solo is a gold mine of blues licks..it opens with a slide and has hammers all over the place .. his use of subtle chords is a rhythmic wonderland..(Im sure the original was overdubbed)

listen very carefully to the tune..there is a lot going on..

Yeah... I forgotten there is a solo in Hey Joe (you'd think it was obvious lol). I've been tinkering with the chords or whatnot for ages. Also found the solo for Foxy Lady which seems playable even for me (with a few hours of tinkering) and Voodo.
Does Clapton have any great sounding solos that arent too hard (besides the dreary Tears and Wonderful) and sound... hip (so not like Autumn Leaves)?