Hi. I'm looking for an amp. I was thinking about getting DSL 40c, but yesterday i saw JCM 2000 DSL100 Head, used and with a very good price, 530 eu. I'm playing 80's type of metal, Metallica, Maiden, Black Sabbath and recently very interested in mastodon. What is the better deal for this kind of stuff? The other thing is 100 w with JCM 2000, i don't know if i need this much right now. 
DSL40C is made in Vietnam and is a remix of the JCM 2000 DSL.  If you intend to gig I'd go with the JCM.  
Get the JCM! It is better than the newer DSL series. It will do the bands you are looking for and it has a master volume so it can be dialed in at lower volumes and still sound good. Just need to think about buying a cab as the 40c is a combo and the JCM is in head format. I have owned 2 JCM 2000 DSL 100s they are great amps, especially for the price.
Gibson LP traditional and DC standard, PRS S2 Custom 24, MIA Standard Strat, Schecter Banshee 7
EVH 5153, Orange TV50H 2-2x12's
Line 6 M13
Yes the older JCM 2000's are worth the money. They have a master volume, for that matter I believe the newer ones do as well, but the older JCM series is where I would look before the newer DSL series.
Gibson LP traditional and DC standard, PRS S2 Custom 24, MIA Standard Strat, Schecter Banshee 7
EVH 5153, Orange TV50H 2-2x12's
Line 6 M13
Thanks dude. It's 2005 original, british made.
Last edited by Bebras at Apr 21, 2017,
What cab would you guys recommend for this head? I'd like to use it at home and i hope for gigging in the future. Would be nice with Celestion vintage 30's inside. 
bobafettacheese  What cab would you guys recommend for this head? I'd like to use it at  home and i hope for gigging in the future. Would be nice with Celestion  vintage 30's inside.