So, i've been playing guitar for a few months now and have been thinking about upgrading my gear,
I have a harley benton guitar and amp (the thomman brand)
I have somwhere around 400-500 bucks to spend
I play everyhing from metal to blues incluindg some punk rock
I thought about buying a katana 50 and a zoom g3xn but i have no ideia if i should do That or buy a new guitar and amp
Hope to ear from you
Keep on rocking
Patience is your friend when gear shopping: you wait to find the best deals on gear- new or used- you like/want while saving your money. With your budget and listed gear, the first upgrade wou normally be an amp. Not guitar and amp. Just the amp.

That said, "a few months" is awfully short time between taking up the guitar and deciding to upgrade.

...which brings us back to patience.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
dannyalcatraz first of all, thanks for the reply...
The only reason i decided to upgrade is that i feel kinda stuck with the tones i get from my guitar and amp, and lets be honest the sound from these cheap solid state amps its not particularly pleasent.
Anyway, what do you think i should do ?
Ok, assuming that the guitar works ok, stays in tune, no buzzing, etc, I would spend the money on an amp.
Do you play with other people?  Do you plan to?
luke.g.henderso it is well setup from what i can feel
I do play in a band but my buddy has a studio for rehersal so i dont need to take my amp there, i do plan on gigging, only small gigs tho.
Do you recommend valves or should i go modelling
With the budget you've got, you could get something decent on the used, but the new market is more limited. Are you willing to buy used?
I'm just a kickin' and a gougin' in the mud and the blood and the beer.
As said, there is nothing particularly in that price range new that I can think of, the Marshall DSL40C is a good one but I'm pretty sure its a bit more expensive.

On the used, there are Peaveys (JSX, XXX, Ultra, Triumph, etc.) that will work.

Krank amps are a good bet (Nineteen80, the Rev +)

The old Marshall JCM DSL401

Carvin X100B or V3 perhaps

On the modeling site, check out the Atomic Amplifire. There are three different versions of it, one of them might work for you, you'll need something to play it through though. It sounds pretty killer.
gongas2001 

Personally I'm not really into modelling, partly because I like simplicity in my amps, and also because I have PC software for that. I like to be able to look at the amp and see what settings I'm on. 
Having said that, modelling amps nowadays can be very good, and the Katana seems pretty awesome. But I'm not sure how long it would be before you wanted to upgrade again. For the amount you have, you could buy a Jet City 20 watt head and a 1x12" cab, including the Harley Benton one with a Vintage 30 in it.

You're also around the right price range for 15/ 20 watt heads from EVH, Peavey, Marshall, Laney, Egnater, although it would be tight with a cabinet too.

Examples:

Harley Benton G112 Vintage €129
Egnater Tweaker 15 €395

Jet City JCA22 head and 112 cab bundle €377

The Katana 100 head is only €6 less than the Egnater, which I picked as a kind of flexible valve amp as an alternative to a modelling amp. 
Last edited by luke.g.henderso at Apr 21, 2017,
What kinds of music are you playing?
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

If you like simplicity in your amps, I'm not sure why you want a tube amp. They're not always better. I'm worried that you're equating solid state with cheap. Blackstar do some very good solid state gear in your price range. The tubes in a tube amp will likely need replacing every year or two.

As far as tube amps in your price range go, I can second the H&K Tubemeister 18. I love that amp, the growl is fantastic, and it is very versatile - my local shop sold the one I intended to buy, but I will own one someday!
I bought my Fender HRD tube combo amp a decade ago. The tubes are still original.

Tubes are mercurial: like mine, they can last seemingly forever, or you can pop a brand new one in minutes. (The odds of that happening are rare.) But to look at tubes and worry about "reliability" is kind of a boogeyman.

That isn't to say tubes are as reliable as solid state, but the difference isn't worth worrying about.

Quote by dragonzrmetal
If you like simplicity in your amps, I'm not sure why you want a tube amp. They're not always better. I'm worried that you're equating solid state with cheap. Blackstar do some very good solid state gear in your price range. The tubes in a tube amp will likely need replacing every year or two.

Actually, quite the opposite. If you want simplicity, you go tube. Plenty of no frills one channel tube amps in that price range.
gongas2001

Right now, I have Quilter solid-state amps in my 2017-2018 crosshairs.
https://reverb.com/brand/quilter?product_type=amps&category=guitar-heads&sort=price%7Casc&page=

Good tone, well built, super portable. They take pedals well, which is good because they're not modeling amps. Some of the smallest ones are as low as $150 for a 45w amp. While they're not known for it, people have gotten convincing metal tones out of them with the right dirt pedals (overdrives, distortions, and fuzzes). If you want, I can post some of the demo vids that convinced me they're the real deal.

I just contacted Quilter yeserday myself, and Pat himself responded. I had been looking at the Aviator, but he said the Mach 2 is their most flexible unit, so I'm looking at those harder. But the 101 is plenty flexible, and at under $300, could be a good fit for you. Even has a headphone jack. The 101 is one of the models that only comes as a head, though, so you'd need to get a cab. (Reverb has Panama cabs that could work for you,)

Otherwise, I'd take a hard look at the Carvin V3M 3 channel 50 tube amp. Lots of tonal options, including jazz, rock and even high-gain metal. Used heads can be found between $400-500, and new 1x12 combos cost @$800. Great little amps- also on my list of future purchases.
https://carvinaudio.com/collections/v3m-series

dannyalcatraz idk if i should go second hand with tube especially if i dont have de oportunity to test the equipament before buying it., have heard of too many cases of peapole buying second hand amps with burnt out. valves and what not, but still, its a possibility
Btw do you think i should get pedals or are pedals unnecessary?
Thanks for the replies!!
dannyalcatraz The Quilters look very good, although I think they're expensive in Europe- I looked for a backup head a few months ago, and IIRC I could have got a tube head for the same money. In the end, I got a second hand EHX 44 Magnum and AMT B1.

gongas2001 Pedals will absolutely depend on what amp you get. Don't buy any just for the sake of it.
gongas2001

Whether you need or want pedals depend on what you're trying to play and what amp you have. Sometimes, all you need is an amp & guitar. Other times, you may find you need a freakin' carpet of stompboxes.

And some amps have built-in effects like Reverb, or even modeling software.

OP asked about Bugera tube amp, I'd say hell no! to that.

Jet City is nice for the price, also I don't think anyone mentioned Valveking, I don't know how much they run in Europe.
From what I've seen on Thomann, I think Egnater, Laney, H&K and Marshall seem to be most reasonably priced.

You can go with a simple amp and line up pedals in front, a lot of people do that with the Orange Tiny Terror or Dual Terrors or Fender Blues Jr or Epi Valve Jr amps and like it.
Quote by gongas2001
diabolical so do you think a jet city 20 + tubescreamer mini would be a good shot?

As long as you are alright with a single channel, then that would be a good one. It might not nail everything perfectly, but they sound pretty great.
gongas2001

(Forgot to address...)

Buying a tube amp with a burnt out tube is a possibility, but:

1) it's not common
2) it's usually about as big a deal as buying a lamp with a burnt out bulb- a cheap,fix
3) if the seller has a good return policy, even if it IS something serious p, you're protected