Hey guys, I've been a member of the UG Community since my sophomore year of college and it has been a great ride. I've grown a lot as a musician through the feedback of everyone as well as participating and even doing some online collabs. The results of my experience with UG paid off with me starting my own band and slowly making a name for ourselves in the Bay Area of California. We've been gigging for the past year and a half now and while it's been great, the two most frustrating things I've noticed when it comes to our band or a lot of other groups in this area (and I'm sure it applies to others) are effectively booking shows and reaching new fans instead of just friends. This is why 2 months ago myself and a few other musicians have started working on an app called BandGenie designed to fix this problem not only for ourselves but all other local or new bands trying to get their foot in the door. 

We're building a platform to help your music get discovered. And we're looking for your feedback so we can build the best app possible. We offer local live music promotion targeted by genre and location, and simple booking access to prime local music venues. Please tell us what you think and get VIP early-adopter special access! BandGenie is for fans, bands, and venues so anyone can take the survey, its short, sweet, and will help us on our goal of launching by Fall 2017!

http://bandgenie.com/surveys

Shoot us a like on facebook as well:  https://www.facebook.com/bandgenieapp/

And feel free to look around and play with the website. Since we're really focusing on improving the music booking experience, the insight of how things work for bands in different towns will go a long way toward helping us design something that benefits everyone.

Thanks guys!
Quote by Betaciao
Hey guys, I've been a member of the UG Community since my sophomore year of college and it has been a great ride. I've grown a lot as a musician through the feedback of everyone as well as participating and even doing some online collabs. The results of my experience with UG paid off with me starting my own band and slowly making a name for ourselves in the Bay Area of California.!

Aw, you're establishing an emotional connection right from the get-go.
Seven years here and this is the first time you've visited the pit, isn't it?
Quote by SGstriker
If KFC is finger-licking good, then people would probably suck dicks for Popeyes. That's how good it is.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Politely enthusiastic users in the pit confuse me. I instantly dislike them, but then I feel bad for doing so.
It didn't take long to realise
The safest place was not her arms, but her eyes
Where she can't see you
For her gaze, it blisters;
Grey skin to cinders
Joshua Garcia Pretty much. I only really used UG for posting my early song ideas because I wanted feedback but didn't want to share with friends. That and lyrics sharing as well as a few online collabs. I don't remember if the rework was last year or a few months before the start of it but when they pulled the ability to upload mp3s I pretty much stopped using UG as often as I usually did. Never really delved much into the Pit so I'm not sure what the atmosphere is here. But I assumed this would be the best place to pitch the idea. Others thought it was a good app to roll with which is why I'm bothering to actually try and get it going. In theory it should work and ideally would make it easier at least in the Bay to book shows but it really only will be useful if its something that venues and bands think is worth switching to instead of doing the usual hours on the web browsing CL, FB, Reverbnation, etc. you know the grind
Zaphikh Lol it feels like a Catch 22. You can either pitch your idea which is pretty sleazy in my opinion, or you can be real about what you're doing and why you're doing it but then that's pretty cheese-ball in my opinion. I figured if it were me I'd probably at least read something that felt real and that's pretty much all I'm shooting for. It's one thing to hear from friends that its a good idea, but since I used UG in the past for getting feedback on songs from strangers which felt more true I figured it would be best to actually do the same with this before spending even more money on the project
what you need is a new amp
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank