Page 1 of 2
I know the original thread was closed but this strikes me as worth knowing and amusing at the same time.
If it's perceived as having too much potential to be "flamey" or toxic close it.
Garland has now been revealed to be the pseudonym of Marius Roodt, a think-tank employee from Johannesberg, who created the persona in order to expose HuffPo’s racism and “lack of fact-checking.”

Of course it's Breitbart so it might be more "fake news".
http://www.breitbart.com/tech/2017/04/20/man-who-embarrassed-huffpo-with-hoax-article-loses-job-after-outlet-tracks-him-down-at-work/
holy shit

This whole story is crazy
Check out my band Disturbed
Last edited by StewieSwan at Apr 21, 2017,
The man behind “Shelley Garland,” Marius Roodt, was identified after the Huffington Post digitally traced his email and used facial recognition technology on the picture of “Garland,” which was actually a picture of Roodt altered to look like a woman.

lmaooo what a dumb ass
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

It's a Breitbart article, but if it's true, it's hilarious and sad at the same time.
You are now using UG Black.
You are now using UG Classic.

Listening to: Esperanza Spalding, Vulfpeck, Caravan Palace

It is I, the mighty shitkicker, as prophesied by JustRooster. Obey me.
Stories about stories and the stories that made them stories.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Quote by k.lainad
lmaooo what a dumb ass

He did point out out HuffPo's inadequacies though, give him that.
Quote by Wolfinator-x
It's a Breitbart article, but if it's true, it's hilarious and sad at the same time.

Well the South African Huffpo version is covering it as well, so there's that, but then you have to consider the fact that Huffpo published the original article.
So.... *shrug*
http://www.huffingtonpost.co.za/2017/04/19/revealed-here-is-shelley-garland-and-why-he-did-it_a_22046533/?utm_hp_ref=za-homepage
I mean, I already don't really trust Huffpo as it is...

Quote by 33db
Well the South African Huffpo version is covering it as well, so there's that, but then you have to consider the fact that Huffpo published the original article.
So.... *shrug*
http://www.huffingtonpost.co.za/2017/04/19/revealed-here-is-shelley-garland-and-why-he-did-it_a_22046533/?utm_hp_ref=za-homepage

To be fair when I first read it I didn't think it could possibly be serious. Though I found it to be even more strange when that comments had been disabled on the article.
Quote by WaterGod
To be fair when I first read it I didn't think it could possibly be serious. Though I found it to be even more strange when that comments had been disabled on the article.

In the huffpo link he explains why he did it, and that he didn't think the article would get as big as it did.
Plus he got canned, I kinda feel bad for the guy.

They traced the email he used, so he wasn't careful about what he was doing and somehow they used facial recognition software as well, which just creeps me out.
Last edited by 33db at Apr 21, 2017,
Counting the hours until the face of Shelley/Roodt becomes some sort of meme.
real talk tho, regardless of the humor of the circumstances, the fact that a huge news outlet basically tracked a guy down and ruined his life because he exposed their shitty ethics is terrifying
inb4 "should HuffPo be allowed to vote" thread
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Quote by slapsymcdougal
inb4 "should HuffPo be allowed to vote" thread

Quote by StewieSwan
real talk tho, regardless of the humor of the circumstances, the fact that a huge news outlet basically tracked a guy down and ruined his life because he exposed their shitty ethics is terrifying
kind of ironic too

Genius. He shouldn't have lost his job though. He should have been given a medal for his noble work. 
I have nothing important to say
Quote by StewieSwan

Good point.
Quote by snipelfritz
Stories about stories and the stories that made them stories.

enter the echo (36 chambers)
Does this prove horseshoe theory?
I like St. Anger. Ridicule me, daddy

Quote by ErikLensherr

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Quote by zgr0826
Does this prove horseshoe theory?

I think what it shows is a lot of people running about espousing ideologies and using terminology from said ideologies, without really understanding the meaning of said ideology.
It appears that they use these terms, political correctness, and items like "gender" as self serving weapons.
There should be a rule that every acronym/initialisms be accompanied by a definition.
Last edited by 33db at Apr 23, 2017,
Quote by Fat Lard

http://www.politico.com/media/story/2016/10/huffington-post-executive-editor-to-resign-004804
Huffington Post's former executive editor Liz Heron has resigned from the news site, multiple sources familiar with the matter told POLITICO.

For the time being, Heron will consult with the John S. and James L. Knight Foundation on digital media initiatives

A step down in pay, wonder if it's related to Shelley.
Last edited by 33db at Apr 21, 2017,
and people should know the difference between acronyms and initialisms 
wowwwwww lol what a plot twist, fucking amazing
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Am I the only one who thinks this is just as mundane and uninteresting as the original article
My God, it's full of stars!
Quote by StewieSwan

I don't think so. His "exposure of their shitty ethics" relied on this farce being exposed in the first place, and as a professional he really should have not done such an incredibly stupid thing if he did in fact not intend to get found out.

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. Everybody is a loser here.
Quote by Dreadnought
I don't think so. His "exposure of their shitty ethics" relied on this farce being exposed in the first place, and as a professional he really should have not done such an incredibly stupid thing if he did in fact not intend to get found out.

He may have only intended to expose it for himself and/or some friends.

But yeah, considering the way he got caught, he wasn't overly bright.
Quote by Dreadnought

I think I've seen the new Pit sub-header text
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Quote by Dreadnought

Still not grounds for losing your job
Quote by StewieSwan
Still not grounds for losing your job

I think it's pretty reasonable actually. I would expect that result.
This is pretty great tbh. I bet this guy gets a job elsewhere and Huffpo still looks like a bunch of morons for letting this past editors.

"Every day I wonder how many things I am dead wrong about."
Quote by Dreadnought

"professional"
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Page 1 of 2