Hi guys, i own a peavey cirrus bxp, i want to buy a new bass in the end Of this year. My budget is between 700-1000€, i play in a groove metal, a hard rock, prog metal, and i'll start a bossa nova band with a friend. Im looking for a bass that can do it all. Any tips on what should i get?
A couple of ideas: active P, Stingray HH, EBMM Sterling, L-2000.
"Quick to judge. Quick to anger. Slow to understand. Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand-in-hand."
- Rush, "Witch Hunt"
Take a look at the Ibanez SR755:

"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
THe battishness of Fender ish necks has me turned off on MM's and Fenders over all.  But a nice Fender Jazz is a difference animal.  A Geccy Signature V or something like that is what most bands expect the Bassist to play, so it opens doors and is excellent for the Bossa Nova genre.

Otherwise, keep your money and get a used Ibanez BTB 400, 405, 450, or 455 or spend the whole 1000 and get one of each!  In early century I sold a Warrior to Hong Kong and got new 405, 455 and 465 with cases! Never regretted it.
Ibanez BTB 1006 Fretless and 405 (no Barts)
456 & 455(w/Barts)
Genz Benz NeoX400 112T & NeoX 112T cab.
Digitech BP-8 (x2)
Yamaha PB-1
Boss: SYB-5, PS-2, OD-20, EQ-20, PH-3,BF-3, CE-20, DD-20
Morely A/B
I really like my Godin Freeway 5, inexpensive, thin neck, great sound, but this dudes budget allows for damn near most things save custom jobs. Worlds your oyster.
Hey guys, thanks for the replies. I forgot to tell you im not into p bass. Anyway i've been thinking and i would like to try some Ibanez, Warwick and stingray. But still, i'll only buy one in the end Of the year só there's still a lot Of thinking to do.
My work (studiogears dot com) carries Ibanez so if it would help I can do a special demo video if there is a model you would like to learn more about. No expectations of you to buy it from us/them/my work just wanted to offer to be helpful. If you do decide to buy from us let me know though I can get you some kind of discount.

*disclaimer- Again I work for said retailer but would like to help just the same, if I can. 
^ask for photo of the serial number on the headstock.  I've seen more than a few sellers who try to pass off knock offs as real Fenders.  Then cross check the number against one of the Fender sites for accuracy.

Its a good bass, I've got a similar model and I love it.