Poll: Individual coil split or dual coil split and volume decrease?
Poll Options
View poll results: Individual coil split or dual coil split and volume decrease?
Separate coil split
3 75%
Coil split and secondary volume
1 25%
Voters: 4.
On a HH guitar would you rather:
- Be able to coil split each humbucker individually
Or
- Be able to turn down one pickup (changing which one with a push-pull pot), and split both coils at once?

Vote in the poll!
"Discovery requires experimentation" - Doctor Werner Reinhardt
"Relicing? Are you gay?" - some drummer kid
As before baes
If I had to have the ability to split both pickups, I'd much rather have 2 switches. The secondary volume setup is a bit more of a pain to wire and seems slower to use and way easier to fumble during a live gig.
It's not in the option you wrote.. I have 4 guitars with HH pickup configuration, one (1) master Volume, one (1) master Tone, and 3-way switch.. I have coil-split potentiometer for Volume (split the bridge) and for Tone (split the neck)... I thought about switch but prefer not to make irreversible modifications..
I have Washburn guitars 'Maverick Series' and bass 'Bantam Series' and a few pedals and amps, but man I wish to have more patience and drive practicing my playing, if it's equal to the modding itch, then I'm golden.
Invader Jim
I've sketched a wiring diagram for how it could work, which needs a 3PDT switch, but the way it would be used would be to turn down one pickup and use the 3-way toggle to select the pickups depending on lead or rhythm. I do agree that if it were unfamiliar, it would be very confusing, but I think that in a live situation, I'd like both the ability to have one pickup be quieter and to turn everything off with one pot (without the Gibson independent wiring). You could have both with a push pull on the master volume to split the neck pickup, the secondary volume to switch which pickup is controlled by the secondary volume, and the tone to split the bridge pickup. Now that would be complicated!
"Discovery requires experimentation" - Doctor Werner Reinhardt
"Relicing? Are you gay?" - some drummer kid
As before baes
I'm used to having a pair of mini-switches for coil splitting. In fact, you can sub in on-on-on switches and have seria/parallel/single coil for each. 

In fact, if I'm using a quad of controls, I'd rather have a master volume, a BLEND knob, a master treble rolloff (what you're calling a "tone" knob) and the fourth knob can be one of three: a mids rolloff (fixed frequency, variable level), a bass rolloff (fixed frequency, variable level) or a sweepable mids cut (fixed level, variable frequency) on a push pull. 

And while we're at it, one more miniswitch for IN/OUT of phase of the two pickups.