I've been considering buying a cheap 12-string acoustic guitar. I have absolutely no experience in buying one though, and that's what I need help with. Preferably, I'd like under 450$, if that's possible. Thanks in advance!
#Acoustic Life
awesomehuggles321  Oddly, I've heard nice things about the Epiphone DR-212. It's an acoustic only 12, with all laminated construction. I think it goes for about 2 bills. Perhaps it's worth a try to get you the experience to decide if a twelve is for you.

Moving on, probably the most popular introductory 12 string is the Taylor 150ce. Unfortunately, it's quite a bit above your budget @$750.00. I have one, and it's excellent.

Another possibility is the Seagull S-12. It's also above your budget @ maybe $600.00.

I also have a Crafter D-8-12 which cost about $500.00. In spite of Crafter's fine reputation in general, doesn't compare with my Taylor.

Since 12 strings are only bought occasionally, (and sort of out of style ATM), I don't have enough feedback, (or experience), with other models in you price range to make another recommendation.
Last edited by Captaincranky at Apr 21, 2017,
That Washburn looks really good for the price.  Usual practice with 12's is to tune to D standard and use a capo 2nd fret for E standard.