Would you recommend the Zvex Fuzz Factory or the Black Arts Toneworks Pharoah fuzz? From what I can tell they're both pretty popular and fairly versatile. I play a lot of blues rock and stoner, like QotSA, Clutch, Sleep, Mastodon, Zep, Sabbath, Jack White's various projects, etc. I'm also primarily playing a tele into an Orange Rockerverb 50 - does one take single coils better or prefer British amps? Let me know what you think.
Gear
Highway One Tele (w/Custom Shop 51 Nocaster pickups)
Standard Tele (modded to Nashville specs)
Reverend Roundhouse

Orange Rockerverb 50 MKI
Vox AC4c1
Jet City JCA20H

And pedals!

"Shiva opens her arms now..
...to make sure I don't get too far"
Last edited by barden1069 at Apr 22, 2017,
Totally different pedals, if you're choosing between the two you might want to do some more research or reflection about what exactly you're looking for. Why are you picking between these two? 

The Pharaoh is a serious OD/Fuzz hybrid designed for a wide range of usable, standard tones. It is "versatile" in that with a tiny bit of tweaking, you could use it for every song in a set and leave it on the whole time without any real difficulty. 

The FF is not versatile in the same way, at all. It's a box of insane shit and half the time you turn it on you have no idea what is going to come out. It is not intuitive or predictable, you're often not even going to be able to dial the same tone in two times in a row. It demands tweaking, often while playing. It has a huge range of possibilities, but I don't think you could possibly hope to use it consistently like you can the Pharaoh. It's capable of a couple standard fuzz sounds, and if you want a velcro fuzz it can do that too, but for regular fuzz tones it's not actually very flexible. 

If you've already got a good array of distortion and/or fuzz tones available to you, and you want something incredible to add when the time is right, the FF is about as good as it gets. If your goal is to buy a fuzz pedal that sounds good at a bunch of settings and gives you a lot of flexibility to have awesome fuzzy tones, it's probably not the right pedal. 
I use the pharaoh - it's awesome. It pairs well with other overdrives as well . It has a good range of tones and they all sound organic and musical. You can't get a bad tone from it. It even works great on bass.
Cool. I've always heard about the FF's notorious difficulty when it comes to dialing it in, but I know some people really love it. Roc8995 I'm looking at these two specifically because i have two people offering me them as part of a trade. That seemed like more of the general impression I got, though - the Pharoah sounds good with most settings but the FF can do crazy stuff.
Gear
Highway One Tele (w/Custom Shop 51 Nocaster pickups)
Standard Tele (modded to Nashville specs)
Reverend Roundhouse

Orange Rockerverb 50 MKI
Vox AC4c1
Jet City JCA20H

And pedals!

"Shiva opens her arms now..
...to make sure I don't get too far"
If you're fuzz shopping, there's a lot of good ones to look at here:

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1709810

Like Roc says, the Zvex is very much one of those WTF? fuzzes; chaotic in a good, fun way.

The Pharaoh (like most of the BAT fuzzes) is going to be more traditional. I like to think of them as kind of updated and improved classics- mostly of the Big Muff variety.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Quote by barden1069
Cool. I've always heard about the FF's notorious difficulty when it comes to dialing it in, but I know some people really love it.

Those aren't mutually exclusive. I have one and I think it's terrific, but I've got other fuzzes for the more traditional sounds. Like, rollercoasters are cool but I wouldn't want to commute to work on one. The FF is a fundamentally different product than your average tweaked BMP circuit, that's all. 

For what it's worth, the Fat Fuzz Factory has more utility as a normal or normal-ish fuzz than the standard one, which can get pretty shrill.