I thought this pretty awesome from the start. It's hard for me to talk about dissonant music like this (yea, I namedropped Gorguts on my post but their usage of dissonance seems a little restrained by comparison), but what I can say is that the riffs are catchy, the rhythms are odd but not unsatisfying, and the whole thing flows so far.

The one part I can offer criticism for is the one at 0:12. There's a distinct "live" feeling because both guitars suddenly move up in register, leaving a bit of a gap. Maybe in a more finalized mix this effect won't stick out as much. It's just an observation, neither good nor bad.

I'm interested in seeing where the song goes. Let me know if you finish it.
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
Quote by vIsIbleNoIsE
I thought this pretty awesome from the start. It's hard for me to talk about dissonant music like this (yea, I namedropped Gorguts on my post but their usage of dissonance seems a little restrained by comparison), but what I can say is that the riffs are catchy, the rhythms are odd but not unsatisfying, and the whole thing flows so far.

The one part I can offer criticism for is the one at 0:12. There's a distinct "live" feeling because both guitars suddenly move up in register, leaving a bit of a gap. Maybe in a more finalized mix this effect won't stick out as much. It's just an observation, neither good nor bad.

I'm interested in seeing where the song goes. Let me know if you finish it.

Cheers for the response. Currently, a friend of mine is working on a new bass track and adding his own vocals to it. A finished version is a ways off but the main bulk of things are done.
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
Pretty good, sounds like prog + metalcore + jazz at the same time, the drums do a lot here, the way they are playing now makes it sound more technical/jazzy, if they were more straightforward while keeping the dissonant riffs you could come up with some evil sounding music! Also good job on the writing overall

One more thing, guitars' tone sounding Holy fuck with some proper bass it would sound beast while still clear, good job.
Got some Dillinger Escape Plan vibes going on in there! I liked a lot the section that goes from 00:12 from 00:20. The riff at 00:35 is very tasty too, but the guitars seem a little out of sync one another before the harmonics at 00:37. Drums are very well written and flow nicely through the whole thing.
Also, the mix sounds amazing, especially the guitar tone, as VStratto pointed out. Great job!

C4C? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1740228
Hey man. Sounds great! On a technical level this is very impressive and well executed. There are a lot of ideas packed into a short space so I would be interested to see how it works as a full piece as ultimately it would be good if it settled on a few main themes but for what it is at present it is great. I agree with others comments on the guitar tones and I like the slightly "live" feel of the playing. It keeps it from becoming mechanical and boring. Look forward to hearing the updated version.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1741612 C4C?
Last edited by Richo1985 at May 10, 2017,
Love that guitar tone, exactly right for the song.

Enjoyed the whole thing, especially the earlier and later segments, the middle is maybe a little more "prog" than I tend to go for.

Drums were very well written, managed to do some interesting things with them, and fitted together well with the other instruments. For the very last few seconds, I think it could have done with the cymbal being played twice as often and extending into a bit of a breakdown section, but not sure if that's the kind of sound you'd be going for.

If you're interested in giving feedback on some of my music, I have a (very) rough recording here - https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1743898