Totally new to this so please bear with me.

I recovered an Epiphone LP Nightfall from and individual who decided to rip the pups out like heathen... Attempting to wire up and I'm stuck at the volume pots. The guitar was originally setup for coil tapping at both the bridge and neck.

EMG seems to only support wiring with their kit, and their aren't schematics or diagrams in this type of setup anywhere that I can find.

I really am an idiot when it comes to this but I can color match and whatnot. If anyone has recommendations, even where I can learn how these coil tap Volume knobs work, maybe I can work it out in my head. Thanks in advance.
I'd personally use this as an excuse to upgrade the pickups. EMG HZ's sound like ass.

15 seconds of googling shows the wiring diagram you'll want to be using if you want both pickups to be independently coil split. I find these diagrams more intuitive to read than Seymour Duncan's diagrams, but both will tell you to do exactly the same thing.

Pickup on the upper half of the diagram represents the neck pickup.

This is EMG's wiring scheme for their passive humbuckers.

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Apr 22, 2017,
T00DEEPBLUE

I appreciate that, but 15 seconds of googling doesn't give me what matches the existing wiring. The schematic you posted has resistors bridging the volume and tone pots, the original wiring does not. So for an electronically ignorant individual, that doesn't work.

So since you aren't electronically ignorant, why is the schematic you found the one I should use versus this one?

http://www.seymourduncan.com/wiring-diagrams?meta_params=guitar-options,2-pickups,neck-h,bridge-h,2-volume,2-tone,3-way-toggle,accessory-none#schematic-results-count

3rd option down
Quote by nfkoopmann
T00DEEPBLUE
I appreciate that, but 15 seconds of googling doesn't give me what matches the existing wiring. The schematic you posted has resistors bridging the volume and tone pots, the original wiring does not. So for an electronically ignorant individual, that doesn't work.

Um, where?

Are you talking about the components that bridge the middle lug of the tone pots to the left lug of the volume pots that are labelled 'C'? Those are your capacitors for your tone controls dude. There are no resistors in that wiring diagram whatsoever.

I've done a coil splitting mod on one of my guitars using the exact diagram I've just shown you. So I know for a fact that the diagram is correct.
So since you aren't electronically ignorant, why is the schematic you found the one I should use versus this one?

http://www.seymourduncan.com/wiring-diagrams?meta_params=guitar-options,2-pickups,neck-h,bridge-h,2-volume,2-tone,3-way-toggle,accessory-none#schematic-results-count

3rd option down

I only see one schematic in that link.

That schematic is just the standard wiring scheme for any Les Paul, without any coil splitting functionality whatsoever.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Apr 22, 2017,
nfkoopmann Sorry, I don't see it.

I'd just use the schematic I've linked because it's correct and does exactly what you want.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R