So I bought a used guitar off ebay, I just got it yesterday, and I go to plug it in, I play some clean stuff with it, all seems fine; but then I turn my distortion pedal on and all there is is this really loud, high pitched humming noise when I'm not playing. I checked all my cords and outlets and what have you, so I'm pretty sure it's something with the guitar. I asked the person I bought it from and they said they have no idea why it would be doing that. So I was wondering if anyone might have some sort of idea
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Custom Shop Silverburst (Invader/'59)
-Fender Standard Telecaster HH Black (SH-5/'59)
-Fender Standard Stratocaster HH White (Nazgul/'59)
-Austin Guitars Les Paul Goldtop Copy (Distortion/'59)
-Ovation ApplauseAE44II Elite Black Acoustic

Amps/Cabs
-Peavey 6505+
-Peavey Stereo Chorus 2x12 Combo
-Behringer Ultracoustic ACX450 1x8 Acoustic Combo
-Marshall MX2x12 Cabinet

Wayyyyy too many effects pedals...
normal. but not super normal. what amp do you have? you might have a microphonic tube. does it happen with your other guitars?
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
What kind of guitar? what pickups does it have? single coil? humbuckers? what kind of pedal are you using? you dialing it with too much gain?

Standard single coil pickups usually are noisy when you use them with high gain, even with no gain they still hum a little. Humbuckers are usually much quieter. 
Maybe it's just pissed off at what you're playing. 

Or maybe there's a problem with its wiring. 

I have a brother in law who makes those same noises, but I KNOW there's a problem with his wiring...
It's a Gibson Les Paul Custom Shop (Silverburst), pickups are   490 and 498 Alnico Humbuckers. Right now I'm just using an old Peavey Stereo Chorus 212 combo, and a DigiTech Grunge distortion pedal. It does it even when I have the gain turned down; none of my other guitars do it
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Custom Shop Silverburst (Invader/'59)
-Fender Standard Telecaster HH Black (SH-5/'59)
-Fender Standard Stratocaster HH White (Nazgul/'59)
-Austin Guitars Les Paul Goldtop Copy (Distortion/'59)
-Ovation ApplauseAE44II Elite Black Acoustic

Amps/Cabs
-Peavey 6505+
-Peavey Stereo Chorus 2x12 Combo
-Behringer Ultracoustic ACX450 1x8 Acoustic Combo
-Marshall MX2x12 Cabinet

Wayyyyy too many effects pedals...