11 30%
probably should have went
17 46%
you doosh
11 30%
Voters: 37.
Page 1 of 2
facebook is terrible for organizing formal events
your friend should have mailed you a card, if you get the physical message it's way more special.
if i actually wanted people to come to my party i would at least text message each person individually, maybe call if i have the time.

what the fuck is a wedding shower anyways? lol
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

Quote by imdeth
I think a wedding shower is just like a regular wedding expect they get wed in a shower. I may be wrong though.

i was under the impression that a wedding shower was just like a regular wedding, but everyone is naked and they turn on all of the emergency sprinklers in the building and lather up while the bride and groom exchange vows
Quote by institutions
i was under the impression that a wedding shower was just like a regular wedding, but everyone is naked and they turn on all of the emergency sprinklers in the building and lather up while the bride and groom exchange vows

So like a regular wedding then
Not bad. I think wedding showers are in poor taste, tbh.
My God, it's full of stars!
Quote by Will Lane
i think it is where you get to chill with the wedding party and you give the bride/groom house gifts

like a baby shower minus the baby
so does that mean they don't get wedding gifts on the day of their wedding? I personally think an event solely for gift giving is a bit shit. Asking people to turn up for the purpose of giving you a gift is tacky.

I wouldn't feel so bad. You'll go to the actual wedding right?
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

Quote by OddOneOut
so does that mean they don't get wedding gifts on the day of their wedding? I personally think an event solely for gift giving is a bit shit. Asking people to turn up for the purpose of giving you a gift is tacky.

Dangerously close to idolatry.

Dodged a bullet with the G-dawg there, Will.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
wedding shower sounds extremely lame I hope I don't have to go to one unless is the sexy kind of one
WHAT A
HORRIBLE
NIGHT TO
HAVE A
CURSE.
At first wedding shower sounded right but then I thought about it for a second and yea I've never heard of one. Closest thing that comes to mind is the rehearsal dinner but that is more formal and organized than what you described
Quote by imdeth
I think a wedding shower is just like a regular wedding expect they get wed in a shower. I may be wrong though.

i'm pretty sure you're thinking of a shower wedding. a wedding shower implies the main objective is the shower but to make it more enjoyable they get wed while they're at it
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
I've got a shower for the wedding.

If it makes you feel better, inviting people via Facebook is a poor substitute for an RSVP event.
Quote by SGstriker
If KFC is finger-licking good, then people would probably suck dicks for Popeyes. That's how good it is.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Quote by Burgery
i'm pretty sure you're thinking of a shower wedding. a wedding shower implies the main objective is the shower but to make it more enjoyable they get wed while they're at it

Of course. I feel very foolish now.
I've heard of baby showers but not wedding showers. Sounds like some kind of orgy. It's a good job you missed it - otherwise you'd probably catch a bunch of STDs from all the people showering at the same time. 
I have nothing important to say
tell 'em there must have been a misunderstanding cause that's right about the hour you shower the pit with a sick ass thread
Quote by Will Lane
the invite was on the facebook and i said yes

how bad is that

Did anyone notice? Doesn't seem that bad to me.
Quote by JackSaints
I've heard of baby showers but not wedding showers. Sounds like some kind of orgy. It's a good job you missed it - otherwise you'd probably catch a bunch of STDs from all the people showering at the same time. 

It's also known as a bridal shower.

The idea is to provide gifts the bride to help the wedding go ahead. It's a bullshit custom, really, but if this wedding doesn't go ahead, we know who's fault it is.
On a similar note a friend was lamenting to me about a friends wedding, they had "sent out" invitations to everyone via Facebook, but she had dropped Facebook no longer wanted anything to do with it.
She never knew and didn't attend, and her friend was cold to her about her not showing up, I guess the explanation of "I don't use that crap" didn't fly.

Is this a common thing? The only social media I use are forums like UG.
Just say you were sick and then no one will care you didn't go.... if they even care you didn't go. 
They can't stop us Let 'em try For heavy metal We will die!
Quote by Burgery

But that's silly. Getting wed would obviously make the shower less enjoyable. Duh.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
make up for it with a golden shower next time you see him

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Xiaoxi
make up for it with a golden shower next time you see him

Give them a rainbow shower it means more.
They can't stop us Let 'em try For heavy metal We will die!
Quote by theogonia777
But that's silly. Getting wed would obviously make the shower less enjoyable. Duh.
Depends on what kind of ring you're putting on, huehueuhue.
Quote by SGstriker
If KFC is finger-licking good, then people would probably suck dicks for Popeyes. That's how good it is.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Quote by Dreadnought
Not bad. I think wedding showers are in poor taste, tbh.

This x100
Thanks a lot asshole for not coming to my wedding shower. You're a real douche friend you know that.
Ah, you're fine. Things like that happen, and Facebook isn't exactly amazing at reminders.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
If your friend is a true friend, no shits will be given as long as you apologize.
I like St. Anger. Ridicule me, daddy

Quote by ErikLensherr

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Quote by zgr0826
TheChaz 

Normal people, AKA normies

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

okay there Fat Lard

Nah, but honestly I have never heard of this before. Is some weird new co-ed bridal shower? I wouldn't wanna go to one of those anyway, I mean Jesus fuck I'm already having to go to your shit ass wedding.
Quote by TheChaz
okay there Fat Lard 

Ow
I like St. Anger. Ridicule me, daddy

Quote by ErikLensherr

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
"Sorry, I fell down the stairs that morning. Maybe next time though."

^ you can just go ahead and copy-paste that into facebook/text message. Good luck
Quote by OddOneOut

Something like a wedding shower or any kind of get together (like a bachelor party) is traditionally set up by The Best Man or a Bridesmaid.
Quote by Masquirina
"Sorry, I fell down the stairs that morning. Maybe next time though."

^ you can just go ahead and copy-paste that into facebook/text message. Good luck

Don't let the bride hear you say that.

Are you a jackass/douche/pussy/etc. for not going?
Depends how long you have known each other and how close you are.
Quote by 33db
On a similar note a friend was lamenting to me about a friends wedding, they had "sent out" invitations to everyone via Facebook, but she had dropped Facebook no longer wanted anything to do with it.
She never knew and didn't attend, and her friend was cold to her about her not showing up, I guess the explanation of "I don't use that crap" didn't fly.

Is this a common thing? The only social media I use are forums like UG.
not that common but if it was that important, the bride and groom shouldn't have relied on Facebook. My friend sent out Facebook invites as a 'save the date' but backed it up with paper invites which contained the full details, because you can't assume everyone will have Facebook, especially older relatives.

CodeMonk that doesn't make it any less tacky. You (might) have an engagement party, then hen and stag parties for both sides, then the wedding is where you all celebrate together and it's up to the guests to decide whether they give gifts at each stage. Putting more obligation on people with an event solely for gift giving (eg showering with gifts) is poor taste.
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

First I find out no one in the pit would support a baby shower and now I find out everyone hates the idea of a bridal shower.

What kind of backwards society did you guys grow up in holy shit
Quote by Hal-Sephira

We all have the rights to be mad

So does you
Page 1 of 2