Hey guys, it's the first time I post something here so I hope I'm doing right  (english is not my mother tongue neither)

I'm playing rhythmic guitar parts in a band and I'd like to have a fatter,  more agressive and brighter tone and I was wondering of buying an OD, TS9 or TS808.
I read some articles on the subject but didn't find the answer that fits for me. What would recommand ? (ref: While She Sleeps, The Ghost Inside, etc...)

I'm using a PRS S2 guitar and a EVH 5150 head 

Thanks a lot for your help and may the rock be with you !

MaX
The difference between the TS9 and TS808 are really small (two resistors), so especially if you are using it just to boost an amp it doesn't matter. 
^ yeah.

or if he does want a brighter, more aggressive tone, maybe a boss sd1? more or less in the tubescreamer camp but a little different as well.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by MaXNeovoX
TS9 or TS808 for hardcore/metalcore

Meh.

This is what you really want.

Way more versatile than a boring old Ibanez TS. Much wider ranges of gain. 100HZ and 500HZ EQ options allow you to fine tune the tightness of the lows and the amount of midrange boost/cut. True bypass of course. Make sure you get the MKIV version.

I owned a TS9 for years until I bought a Green Rhino and it blew the TS9 off my board and onto Ebay. Destroys it in literally every way.
Quote by TheSennaj
And well yes, I'll enjoy the carpal tunnel and tendonitis, because trying to get one is clearly smarter than any word you have spoken thus far.
Thank you all for your answers.

The Green Rhino sounds awesome ! Couldn't find a hi gain demo on youtube but I can imagine how it sounds. 
MaXNeovoX It's very much derived from the TS808 circuit, just better because of all the additional versatility it brings. Like I said, get the Mark IV version.
Quote by TheSennaj
And well yes, I'll enjoy the carpal tunnel and tendonitis, because trying to get one is clearly smarter than any word you have spoken thus far.
Have a look at the Horizon Devices Precision Drive - designed by Misha (Periphery) and MXR to be the 'definitive' modern metal OD if you want another option  
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
PRS P245 Semi Hollow
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
Mayones Regius 7 Buckeye Burl
LSL CVS Studio Strat
Fender American Standard Tele
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special
Bugera 333
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500
Killswitch engage uses the maxon 808 I believe.  Works well for them.
'16 Gibson LP Standard T, '95 Fender MIM Strat
Helix Rack, Jetcity JCA50H w/ JCA24s+
Okay guys thanks ! I have to check all of these. I'll let you know what I get and how it sounds.

Jeanpr12 : you have to select a field then hit the "create thread" button above the threads list, hope it helps
Quote by DirtFarmer
Killswitch engage uses the maxon 808 I believe.  Works well for them.

Meh. The Maxon OD808 is just another Ibanez TS808 clone. Nothing special about it at all.

Green Rhino betr
Quote by TheSennaj
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Meh. The Maxon OD808 is just another Ibanez TS808 clone. Nothing special about it at all.

Green Rhino betr

Maxon was hte original maker of Ibanez pedals back in the 70s.  will agree that there are better options at this point although there is nothing wrong with a TS. i use a Digitech CM-2 overdrive (now sadly out of production) which offers better tone shaping as well as a gain boost. point being that a pedal like the Rhino will do what a TS does as well as offer more tonal options which is desirable at least in my book. 
Quote by monwobobbo
Maxon was hte original maker of Ibanez pedals back in the 70s.  will agree that there are better options at this point although there is nothing wrong with a TS. i use a Digitech CM-2 overdrive (now sadly out of production) which offers better tone shaping as well as a gain boost. point being that a pedal like the Rhino will do what a TS does as well as offer more tonal options which is desirable at least in my book. 

Don't get me wrong, TS pedals are fine on their own merits. But the market is full of superior versions.

Maxon was the manufacturer of the original Ibanez pedals, but that's really all the OD808 has to offer for itself over any other generic TS808 pedal. The name.
Quote by TheSennaj
Quote by Jeanpr12
how do you creat a new threat here? Im new here and I have  a question to make

when you're on the forum screen there should be a button at the top left of the forum saying "create thread".

(Unless there's a minimum number of posts you need to be able to make a thread- I have no idea if there is or not, since I've been here for years and they keep changing the rules anyway )

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE

Nah it's a ts10 clone
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?