I bought a guitar years ago and still have yet to figure out wth they have done to the wiring. It sounds fine to my ear but just curious what was done and perhaps why u would do this. Its a grey wire spliced aswell as a black one both with a green and grey one within tied off together. Pic wont post properly i can provide one elsewhere
Impossible to say wiithout pics, especially since there is no universal color coding in guitar wiring. For the pictures just load them onto photobucket or something similar and then post them to here. Also: what guitar is it, has it humbucker/singlecoils, how many volume/tone pots?
hmm, so two grey wires spliced to a green and a black.. it sounds to me like someone cut into a gray wire and spliced something in between, there are various mods you can do this with... what it achieved will depend on exactly what was spliced into and with what if that is indeed what has happened
Quote by keilan420
I bought a guitar years ago and still have yet to figure out wth they have done to the wiring. It sounds fine to my ear but just curious what was done and perhaps why u would do this. Its a grey wire spliced aswell as a black one both with a green and grey one within tied off together. Pic wont post properly i can provide one elsewhere

If the wires are from a pickup, the green and grey are likely to be the south coil finish and north coil finish; they're linked together in series to make your humbucker work as it should. The spliced wire (is it braided?) is probably your ground,a nd the black is the hot pickup output. That's the most anyone can guess without pictures, because the colours are ultimately meaningless.