Over the past two weeks Ive noticed my Vypyr sounds horrible and I don't know whether it's my ears developing or something is broken but it's killing me and draining me of motivation to practice. Whenever I strike chords it's sounds harsh and grainy and when I play leads they seem too sparkly and sharp. I usually play on the 6505 channel. My guitar is an ESP M-II with Seymour Duncan Blackout pickups. Im almost certain the amp never sounded like this before. 

Im currently saving for a new tube amp (I'm stuck between a JCM 2000 and Peavey 6505/5150) but it could be a couple of months before I buy one so in the meantime I have to practice in the Vypyr and I don't want to shell out cash for a new practice amp.

I tried a couple of cables but the problem didn't go away so cables can be marked out. Whenever I go to lessons in my local music store I play through Roland Cubes and they sound much more fluid and smooth when it comes to leads. What could the issue be?
RedShred13 do you have one of the Vypyrs with tubes? If so, they may need replacing.

It may be your ears. I have a Vypyr 30 and after a while I started to not like it. Have gone through several tube and solid state amps since.
Guitars:
Jackson Kelly KE3 - MIJ (Distortion/Jazz)
Jackson DKMGT Dinky (EMG 81/85)
ESP E-II Eclipse Custom (JB/'59)
ESP LTD EC-1001FR (EMG 81/60)
Fender MIM Strat

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster 212
Laney IronHeart IRT-Studio
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver Amp Sims
TOOOO many T.C. Electronic Pedals. . .
metalmingee Its a VIP 2. I don't know if I can mark it off as my ears. Vypyrs always get good reviews around here and what I'm hearing out of mind can't be that good.
RedShred13 is there another one at a local store you can plug into?

Reload the firmware?

Create a new preset from scratch? Turn the gain down a bit?

There used to be a setting sharing website for the 1st gen ones, is there something like this currently?

Is the battery still good in your ESP? Leaving the guitar plugged in drains the battery.

Don't get me wrong, I really liked my Vypyr when I got it but it left me wanting more - but so did a Randall RG and a 5150.
Guitars:
Jackson Kelly KE3 - MIJ (Distortion/Jazz)
Jackson DKMGT Dinky (EMG 81/85)
ESP E-II Eclipse Custom (JB/'59)
ESP LTD EC-1001FR (EMG 81/60)
Fender MIM Strat

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster 212
Laney IronHeart IRT-Studio
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver Amp Sims
TOOOO many T.C. Electronic Pedals. . .
I used to have one of the Peavey Vypyrs and I loved mine for a ton of different sounds except for the 6505 option. I always thought it was too shrill on my EC 1000 no matter how much I cut the gain or treble (sometimes both). I would supplement with a pedal to add the distortion and such and that's how I managed for a long time and was very pleased. Honestly, the amp is great (probably one of the best for the price and type of amp), but there are better options if you can save up for a tube amp or so.
Definitely try the battery change to see if that helps. Your Seymours should definitely be much less shrill than my EMGs.
Benji95 yeah I'm saving for a tube amp but I would like to be able to keep the peavey on the side. Hopefully I find a solution. Right now im counting on it being the battery.
RedShred13 I mean, if it were the battery, you would honestly be able to tell pretty easily. If the battery goes out, several things can happen. One thing would be your guitar would start sounding very quiet even at high volumes on the amp because the pickups are only running in a passive state from the actual connection to the amp. Another thing would be that your guitar will make almost no sound at all if the battery is dead. It is super rare for a dying battery to affect the sound in a weird way like it sounds is your problem, because a dying battery will just die out instantly before that happening unless you are using a pretty cheap battery. No matter what though, a battery change is not a bad thing.
Try getting some cleaner that is designed for cleaning inputs and electrical connections and clean out the jacks on your guitar(s) and your amp. Sometimes a little dirt can ruin the sound on your amp.
I decided to take the amp downstairs into my living room and strangely enough... The tone improved alot. It seems to be back to normal...