Hello guys and gals.

I have a damaged 3rd finger fingernail at the skin-nail border. It's essentially a hole to the flesh underneath 

I'm at the end of a week of antibiotics to sort an infection of that fingernail. The damage to the nail must have arisen as a result of that infection. 

Does anyone know what this might mean for my playing? The finger was only ever painful if pressure was applied to the top and hence I continued to play. The damage on the other hand is a recent development and I'm not sure what to do. As it currently stands I play without pain or discomfort, but am I taking a risk by doing so?

Dave

(Invalid img)
Last edited by dmt257257 at Apr 24, 2017,
Ask your doctor. But if i were you, id take a break until the nail grows back.
Joža je kul. On ma sirove z dodatki pa hambije.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
oh god oh god oh god stop please stop

Did I ever tell you about the time by bass buddy's blisters all burst at the same time all over his fretboard? That was some real blood.
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
I'll make an appointment at the docs. Meanwhile, ordered some supplements for healthy nails.

Google says 4-6 months for a nail to fully grow out

Music theory for a while I guess.
You could just not use that finger for a bit? If Django Reinhardt can manage with just two I think you'll be fine...
It didn't take long to realise
The safest place was not her arms, but her eyes
Where she can't see you
For her gaze, it blisters;
Grey skin to cinders
Quote by EpiExplorer
Did I ever tell you about the time by bass buddy's blisters all burst at the same time all over his fretboard? That was some real blood.

lol I'm not gonna cringe at blisters, but nails breaking the top/stuff going under nails is freaky af.
Oooh, gory hand pictures? Is this the thread to post them?
UG BLS Chapter.
SDMF#UG001
SDMF#UG002-faqu
SDMF#UG003-pantera-nat124
i had that on my big toe once ended up having to rip the nail off to let the new one grow in its place 
For future reference:

The nail quickly began to die from the base up shortly after making this thread. I started playing again a few days after (and upon the realization that the nail was a goner). At this point in time half of the nail has died and crumpled away, the rest is sure to follow. I've approx 5mm of new nail  grown so far.

The finger (even when infected) has never impacted my ability to play 
This reminds me of the time when i was cutting tree branches with my dad, and he managed to somehow stab my right palm with one. Ended up going to the emergency room and got like 7cm branch removed from my palm. It still hurts if i play fingerstyle for more than 20 minutes and its been 10 years since the accident.
Joža je kul. On ma sirove z dodatki pa hambije.
What you really need is a new amp.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend