I have an LTD 401, the action appears to be a little high and I'm getting some buzz on the low E around the 7th to 12th fret. The neck is straight and the buzz really isn't all that bad. The bridge seems to be raised quite a bit off the body. I've seen some say that there is a different sweet spot for the bridge height for every guitar. I noticed that the bridge is so high that the strings are touching the back of the bridge, is that normal? could that be causing buzz? Just wondering because if the action is high and the neck is straight, would that mean that putting a little bow in the neck will help? Either way, when adjusting the neck I would guess that adjustments will also have to made to the bridge, no?

Also, my hand placement is getting weird, I'm wanting to rest / anchor it right on the bridge just a gnats hair from muting all strings, which is one reason im thinking lowering the bridge might help my hand placement.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/149976061@N02/shares/sFgrF9
Flying in a blue dream
SanDune65 Have you measured the neck relief or are you just eyeballing it?  

A high fret is also a candidate.  A fret rocker revealed several frets that need some work for really low action on my EC-1001.  

What is the string action at the 1st, 12th, and 21st fret?  

Did anything change (strings, brand or gauge of strings) or did the buzzing just start out of no where?  

FWIW, my EC-1001 took forever to get dialed in after being shipped from Canada to Virginia. The neck was not happy for quite a while and I need to have the nut lowered (Floyd guitar) to get the action in order at the low frets.  

I got an 18" straightedge and feeler gauges (and fret rocker, radius gauges, etc)  from one of the online luthier shops and setups are a ton easier and more accurate now.  
Guitars:
Ibanez RG1570 Prestige
Jackson Kelly KE3 - MIJ (Distortion/Jazz)
Jackson DKMGT Dinky (EMG 81/85)
ESP E-II Eclipse Custom (JB/'59)
ESP LTD EC-1001FR (EMG 81/60)
Fender MIM Strat

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster 212
Laney IronHeart IRT-Studio
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver Amp Sims
TOOOO many T.C. Electronic Pedals. . .
Thanks fellow Virginian,
Just eyeballing it, I have a fret rocker and a set of feeler gauges on the way. I just started noticing the buzzing a few days ago, the strings are original and I purchased the guitar a couple months ago. I have a new set, I wanted to check the current setup and possibly make a bridge adjustment before putting the new strings on. I might just go ahead and put the new strings on and put a little bow in the neck to see if that helps. Top wrapping the strings over the tail looks like it would help getting the strings off the backside of the bridge, but I'm not even sure that's not normal. Does either the way the strings are ran through or over the tail, and the height of the bridge effect tone?

https://www.flickr.com/photos/149976061@N02/shares/DDp1Y8
Flying in a blue dream
You're basically right down the street!  

I'd start by changing the strings first.  There's no telling how old those strings are when you bought it and if they've been on for a few months since you've had it, it's time to replace them.  

You can raise the stopbar tailpiece a bit to get the strings to break only on the saddles - that won't affect the action at all.  

I'm a big fan of measuring the neck relief instead of eyeballing it.  You can get a good idea by putting a capo (or holding down if you have help or are creative) on the 1st fret and holding down the string where the neck meets the body and use your feeler gauges to measure from the top of the fret.  I like the straightedge because it doesn't bend.  
Guitars:
Ibanez RG1570 Prestige
Jackson Kelly KE3 - MIJ (Distortion/Jazz)
Jackson DKMGT Dinky (EMG 81/85)
ESP E-II Eclipse Custom (JB/'59)
ESP LTD EC-1001FR (EMG 81/60)
Fender MIM Strat

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster 212
Laney IronHeart IRT-Studio
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver Amp Sims
TOOOO many T.C. Electronic Pedals. . .
Thanks for the help. You name the place, beers and food are on me.
Flying in a blue dream