Hi, Im going to travel to Texas for a Christian Concert and I still dont know if Im gonna use a Amp or go dirrctly to the mixer there. If the case is that Im goong directly to the mixer, should I buy a Compressor to get that boost of volume on thr mids,treble and Bass or should I buy a preamp pedal like the Gyggiti Of Voodooo lab that works like a preamp section to adjust your mids,brightenes,highs, gain, just like a preamp on amplifier combo basically you guys know what Im talking about, which should I get and why?
Well... those are two completely different sorts of pedals.  To be honest it doesn't really sound like you know what you're doing.

That said... this is completely the wrong forum.  This goes in the gear forum.  Because this is a question about gear.  And this is the technique forum.  Not the gear forum.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
What you need is a modeling unit. A preamp pedal will sound horrible with any sort of gain, and i dont really understand the logic behind using a compressor... You need something that models the amp and cab and then plug that directly into the PA. A line6 pod of some sort should do the trick, maybe a hd300. 
Joža je kul. On ma sirove z dodatki pa hambije.
gorkyporky Yesh bit multi effects sucks.... And I really been playing for 1 year ... I just got good enough that Im gonna play there because God knows why... But why is the preamp pedal bad tho?
Jeanpr002 First of all, multifx dont suck. They are used by many people, including professional musicians. The only reason people think they suck, is because the early ones from the 90s had bad sound quality, and because they are slightly harder to setup, since they have so many options. The line6 hd line or the boss gt 10 or gt100 are great pedalboards. The boss me-25 seems to be held in high regard here as well. I owned the Zoom G3, and it was a great little pedal, and would fit your need exactly. It has a bunch of effects as well as amp sims, and an xlr direct tout that you can plug straight into the pa. 

As far as preamp pedals go, thats exacly what they are, preamps. But an actual guitar amp is made out of more than just the preamp, there is also the poweramp and the speaker. Without a speaker or cab, or a simulation of it, the preamp signal sounds like a swarm of bees mixed with a chainsaw, at least if you use any ammount of gain. Thats why you should use a full amp sim instead of just a preamp. The preamp pedal you are talking about, is designed to be pluged into a poweramp and played trough a guitar speaker, not straight into a PA. The reason for this sound difference is, that guitar cabs are not full range speakers, like PA speakeres are. They colour and shape the sound in their own way.
Just use an amp.  It's Texas, their Churches have bigger budgets than most concert venues - I'm sure they'll have an amp or three there. You don't need a compressor and you don't need a modeler.  I'm pretty sure the Bible requires that you play through a tube amp in Texas.
Last edited by reverb66 at Apr 25, 2017,
I'm pretty sure the Bible requires that you play through a tube amp in Texas.

That is going to be my new signature!
Quote by reverb66
I'm pretty sure the Bible requires that you play through a tube amp in Texas.
reverb66 gorkyporky so. If im not playing with an amp pver ther cuz is like a stadium... Should I get the a cab simulator or what should i get if im directly going to a p.a?
Jeanpr002 A modeler or a preamp pedal and a cab sim. Or just mic up an amp, thats usually considered the normal way. 
A lot of "preamp" pedals have speaker simulation included. They're less versatile than multifx units but they will work just fine going into the PA, all the tech21 and joyo stuff comes to mind
Quote by reverb66
Just use an amp.  It's Texas, their Churchs' have bigger budgets than most concert venues - I'm sure they'll have an amp or three there. You don't need a compressor and you don't need a modeler.  I'm pretty sure the Bible requires that you play through a tube amp in Texas.

Damn near.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!