I recently upgraded from the already impressive Amplug to the new and utterly amazing Amplug 2 (AC30 version). I've been playing guitar for over 20 years, and am honestly blown away by the sound quality of the new Amplugs. Together with a pair of nice headphones, it's the only option for me to play my electric guitars at home without driving my wife and son crazy late at night. If you don't know about these amazing little devices, definitely check them out.

Now I'm considering picking up a JBL Charge 3 bluetooth speaker as a wireless solution for portable jamming (on vacation, in the park, together with acoustic guitars, etc). It packs 2x 10 Watts, 20 hours playing per charge, is small and has a 3.5 headphone jack for plugging in directly).

Does anyone have any experience with a similar setup? 

I've even considered picking up a low-latency bluetooth 4 transmitter to connect to the speaker wirelessly. To me this sounds like a busker's dream. I'm just curious to hear some other guitarists' thoughts.
I don't know about the low latency 4 transmitter but latency is always an issue with bluetooth, especially for playing instruments.  There's another thread about this somewhere on the first page.  With the 3.5mm jack you'll be fine though.

Try before you buy!
Quote by flexiblemile
I don't know about the low latency 4 transmitter but latency is always an issue with bluetooth, especially for playing instruments.  There's another thread about this somewhere on the first page.  With the 3.5mm jack you'll be fine though.

Try before you buy!

Ok, so I immediately returned the "low latency" bluetooth transmitter that had raving reviews at Amazon (TaoTronics Bluetooth Transmitter and Reveiver ... aptX Low Latency). Latency was definitely an issue, with an approx 0.5 sec delay. I'm guessing Bluetooth will never be a viable option (unless they somehow massively upgrade the standard in the future). Sound quality throgh the 3.5mm jack is great though.
Quote by Will Lane
Check out other portable amps like the Yamaha THR10 series, VOX's AV series, etc.

The reason I wanted just a speaker is because...
1 I'm blown away with the sound of the Vox Amplug 2 AC30 (and included effects)
2 I'm looking to be 100% portable (all rechargeable batteries, no mains cables)
3 This is really just a project for fun, so the budget is low

To sum up, I'm loving the setup I've got now. I would've loved having the wireless bluetooh connectivity, but running one cable with 3.5" jacks from my guitar(amplug) to the speaker isn't a problem for me. I'm still extremely portable, the guitar sounds amazing and the JBL bluetooth speaker can still be used for all the other typical bluetooth speaker scenarios.